GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ciprox

ciprox Registered

Hey Arnao,

thanks for your passion and hard work to transfer one of the best rfactor 1 mods to rfactor 2!!!
    i tried the Ferrari from Glilles V. so far (only a few laps at Mid Ohio) and it was a nice drive. Some small things which i noticed:
    - the skin for the T4 is weird
    - the silver color (front wing, sides and rims) look like white
    - the rev needle does not indicate the right rpm
    - the shift light doesn not work
    - no backfire during downshifting
    - brake discs do not glow under heavy braking (i am not sure if was the case in rfactor 1?)
    - oil and water temperature as it was mentioned before from guybo - i think
    - physics: the rear wheels do not spin as hell under full throttle (maybe a little bit too much grip?) and the wheels do also not block under full braking
    - the ai is lousy but this is not important. i am a bad driver and 5-6 sec better than ai on 100%.

the renault of Arnoux there is a mistake in cockpit skins (it seems that there is yellow color including the renault symbol instead of a transparent wind shield) at least in the cockpit view i ve noticed during replay.

I do hope it will help a bit and i am looking forward to benefit from your work.

thx and ciao
    ronny

2. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

I will for sure, I have been spending most of my sim time now with "Game Stock Car"

3. Arnao

Arnao Registered

My First try of texture refresh !!!

View attachment 5848

Have change some tyres texture... Add dust on side and noise on all the Car !!!

Got strange shadow just under glass !!!
    IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO HELP WITH PAINTING I CAN SHARE A BASIC TEMPLATE WITH SKIN AND MAP. LIKE THIS ONE 35_template

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
  4. eddchapp

eddchapp Registered

I have same problem, any news on next update of this great mod?

5. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

I did a complete clean reinstall of my rfactor2 and it's fine now. I must have had a corrupt file or two.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This was a brill mod in rf1

If this could be moved up to rf2 standards then this will be a top sim car

7. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hi all,

So for next Update I've remade as I can tyres texture but got some issue with rain tyres that stop RF so need to sort it out before release... I've to balance car shader to have it clean as possible ...And I don't have any reponse for helping on skin...
    So as I 'm alone to develop things It take really much time than I'm expected... Sorry for that
    CU

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'm asking around Arnao. I may know a couple of people who are good with skins.

9. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hi Arnao,
    I can only help you by testing cars in game... Of course I know we are plenty here to do that.
    I can imagine how long and difficult it can be, so I can tell you a big "bon courage"

10. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Thanks Mydriaz !!! Any help is welcome as testing car and feed me some little info to what is going wrong !!

Just add a brand new car( not really new) a Kauhsen wich has only race in spain and belgium.It's Merzario base car so only skin was needed. Thanks to HSO and specially Guillaume sieber who has authorized me to use his Skins.
    View attachment 6011

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Arnao, hi Community !

Today i installed this mode with the actual available version. After i raced some lap's in mid Ohio i must say this mode makes really fun. The ffb is very good and helps to win the fight against the car :). I searched for a Server for Onlineracing. Unfortunately i could not find a Server. Maybe somebody could create a server for this mode? I think the car's of this mod have the same capabilitys as the lola t280.
    Many thanks to "lone wolf" Arnao for his time and work to push this mod forward.
    Unfortunately I have not the capabilitys for the technical things to push a mod forward.
    But maybe you need some help with easy thing's? for example test all car's after changing some value's or something else?
    If so please send me a pm and i try my best.

cheers
    alex

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Arnao!

After some testing the unofficial "h" version (thx for the link) with the Lotus (Andretti) here the first impressions:

- Textures for the Tyres (Quali.,Soft,Hard) are always from wet tyre.
    - A Full Brake on the straight that will bring the wheels to block was not possible for me. (using 100% Brake Pressure)
    - The FFB is very good and gives a good feeling what the car is making.
    - The FFB for Sliding (vibration) is to hard. I have tried to reduce the ffb (0.96) and set some smooth (2) but in relation to the other effects i think it's to much.
    - I played a little bit around with doughnut making and it was possible to push the engine up to 400 degrees water and oil temp.
    - Tyre wear works well (physics and textures) . I've tested it with the Qualifyers and after 4 or 5 Rounds it's not possible to get better lap times and the tyre looks very used.
    - A test if the tyre after a full brake with long sliding spin round or "bumpy" was not possible because the low brake pressure.
    - Not all Cars work in the "h" version
    - Hot Air from Exhaust looks very nice

I think a bit more brake pressure is necessary and a bit reduce of ffb vibrations (sliding around the corner).
    Let me know when an new version is available. To become a better feeling for changes I will do my tests with the same car, setup and track.
    If you need a "second mind" for some points let me know.

alex

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'm going to go down the line and tell you what I find as I find it, Arnao.

-Brabham has a problem with the spinner, I get this error x3. I cannot load the car either, the game crashes. So I can't test these.

View attachment 6120

-Lotus 80 (both) has problems with the skins

-FFB is brilliant at Istanbul, but at Essington it shook my desk apart!

-Brakes are not strong enough in any car. It's bad enough that I have trouble running laps with this build.

-The Arrows is the only car with all the gauges in the cockpit working. With some cars, the oil gauge won't work, in others, the fuel gauge won't. In some, neither works. The speedo works in every car though.

-The Arrows Mk 2 skin doesn't line up

-the Ensign Mk 2 skin doesn't line up

-the Merzario is the only car with slicks (at least slick textures). Do these cars have sidewall deflection? I was testing the tires on Indy and I couldn't tell if it was the tire loading deflecting the sidewalls or just the way the wheel was turned.

-The mirrors work but are so bright they are not usable.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  14. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Salut HI,
    Thanks for report Alex and Guy...
    So for FFB, The only value I've find to change is under HDV
    Code:
    [CONTROLS]
    NominalMaxSteeringTorque=xxx
    TurnsLockToLock=1.60
    And as said before FFB is related to track TDF files...On old track version it's shake all desk but with new version it's much better. I have to check it on essington to see...

Other as
    may be related to other value as damper ,spring or tyres sliding. It's off my physic competence at the momment...
    I'm steel stuck with BrakeResponseCurve=(-xx,xxx,xxx,xxxx) wich is specifics to tech carbon/steel. For now all car have braketorque=2000 I will set them up and try to find a more accurate value...

For the brabham It's fixed now just a wrong texture call...

Thanks to test It

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I suspect the FFB is not the fault of the mod. Each track has wildly different FFB in rF2! The slick tire textures on the Merzario looked fantastic when they heated up and got worn! They don't look like worn F2 tires, they actually look like graining F1 tires on tv! When they heat up they look fantastic, but when they are completely worn they don't look much different than when new- other thant hat graining effect.

16. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

At this point i think ffb ist not the important thing. The mod is with the actual ffb good driveable. We can search for a solution after sorting out the other issues. I think with the tyres you are on the right way.
    I don't know if it's possible or easier to make a subset with one or two car's for testing.
    Maybe it's less work to make a new version for testing ?
    After sorting out the basic things and setting the global values we can try to make ready car by car ?

17. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Yes It's possible to do this way. And It's what I + or - already do... When thing I spot is Ok on One car I repeat it on each car...My Rims change take me a lot of time. still 3 cars to do and after that I will rename and compress car texture before a release. But You can have one car approximatively good and I can tweak physics(BRAKE!!!) with upgrade system with a range to spot on a correct value ????
    Wich CAR ???

18. Mauro

Mauro Registered

that's the problem.
    with 1960 F1 and converted tracks there is same FFB problem.

my suggestion: test in original and scratch tracks only
    (converted tracks with good FFB: only mid ohio and sebring).

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Since the Merzario has the right slicks texture that'd be a good car to use for testing. Plus, this will be the last chance in the sun for this car since after testing no one will ever use again LOL.

20. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Already test it with arrows but I can port it to Merza...:p... Have to change Range just increm by 100 value 2000 to 2500... It was fine at 2500 in my test...maybe I have to up range to 3000 to see what happen.
    For Merza It's not correct texture..The anim tyres is Invert...
    I can't pack it now will post it maybe later tonight with only Merza so....

CU