Essington Park by ~IsR~

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ~IsR~Barabba, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

And the little track map gives us hope that we might see the other layouts some day, too?!?!?!? ;)

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The track is almost too smooth to be believable. Even a F1 track doesn't have pavement that solid and flawless. But perhaps they borrowed from ISI Silverstone, which doesn't have the pavement imperfections and small undulations and bumps in it yet?

3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Thank you for the update. Nice one!

My early thoughts are that it seems very very smooth as well. I will test some more later because I was running a Portugal setup with soft spring rates and low damper pressures for speedsters 370 GTrrs.

4. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

Well the tarmac seems pretty recent with the new texture (awesome one) but yeah few more bumps (the inside and outside part of the fast turn (just before the actual turn) would benefit from it! )

5. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

+1 for more bumps!

Thanks for this fantastic conversion, the focus (imho) now is the tarmac :
    it must be more vivd!

Re-Thanks Nik

6. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

nice conversion, seems to have trouble with AA though, its much worse for me on this track than with almost all the others (non and ISI) i use the same settings and this has quite distracting jaggies on the white lines that i dont see at other tracks

thanks

7. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I like that bump in the braking zone on the long straight but then I also don't ever drive any of the open wheel cars. I did a race weekend that started at 7:00am with the EssingtonV3 hdv file and the bluish mountains in the background on the front straight look bad. For my video settings I have everything maxed out at 1920 x 1080 but don't use FXAA. I didn't really see anything else wrong with the track. Thanks for all the hard work guys.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The problem with that bump is that it seems to be something with the mesh as there's not really any noticeable elevation change on the track. That bump also doesn't fit with the whole track being so smooth but having one crass spot like that. The terrain around the tarmac is supremely bumpy but I suspect due to the meshes.

I hope for v1.05 to have that one issue with a reflection solved, as well as the bumps (lack of and excess of single one) addressed, as long as the track doesn't become overcome by bumps everywhere.

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

A lot of things have changed since I made the EssingtonV3 profile (New rF2 Build with different lightning, new Essington version). There are 4 hdr profiles included in the track. Try one of these.

10. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

OFFTOPIC:
    :D I have to be annoying for just a moment, but i see that a lot on these forums and i thought i might contribute to your english skills:
    lightning means Blitz
    lighting means Ausleuchtung
    ;) i really see that a lot around here, you're not the only one!

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

lol
    Deutschen...

12. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

I have to disagree about that bump :) i think it is the soul of the track, the "things" it has to be kepts (but maybe made more visible)

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1
    Due the bumps on the track surface the challenge and fun factor is (for me) much higher compared to tracks with a surface like a "new made highway"
    After a few laps you know where they are :). I think the visibility of a bump is only important if you drive a track the first time (but it would be nice to have:D Maybe it is possible to change the tarmac colour on that points or add some effects with other light effect ?)

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Disagree. the track has character and these bumps make the track that much better.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

With GT-cars like the Bayro, I almost don't feel that bump at the first corner!

16. Galaga

Galaga Banned

My vote regarding bumps is to keep them as close to original track as possible, especially that bump at the end of the straight. Also, regarding aliasing it does not bother me but I do agree as I did notice almost immediately the aliasing to be more than some other tracks so may bother others. Also, I didn't test original ISR conversion but don't recall noticing the aliasing. Could it be additional texture detail and solution is to reduce focus of distant textures?

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I know it could be a bit of extra hard work but I'd love it if track makers (in general not just here) would make two variations of the tracks surface, sort of an "old" surface with bumps and cracks and then a "new" surface that just been repaved or something, have them as one download but show up as two track (obviously) in the game, that would be cool!

Will hoefully get a drive at the new Essington tonight and check it out anyway!

18. flitzi

flitzi Registered

I think the narrower the track markers (especially the track bounding lines) the more they are aliased.

nice track btw. love it!

19. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

The aliasing effect is strange.

Maybe need some changes in materials

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  20. tjc

tjc Registered

After eventually getting some time to drive the new Essington I`ve noticed a couple of things:

First, the white lines seem to be very "broken" in the distance from all on-board cams...

[​IMG]

I have noticed this on some other tracks but it seems to be quite bad (for me) with Essington.

Plus the AI (only tried the above IFS mod and the Bayro E5 so far) seem to lose it going over the bump where the track joins the other configuration just before the hairpin...

[​IMG]

They go over the area in the red circle and just lose control all together and end up smashing into the wall.

Not sure if the second is a track or mod problem but thought I`d mention it.

A good conversion over all but would be much better (for me) if the AA/white lines thing was fixed up. :)