Rear view mirror in cockpit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottishHERO, Dec 24, 2012.

1. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

why do we only get half of the mirror view cant see a thing

2. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

You can use the 3 key to get other mirror options.

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Loads of different ways to see more mirror, I dont know the default keys to do it but try adjusting seat forwards/backwards and the same keys whilst holding shift alters the mirrors view angles etc. Or try a different FOV ;)

4. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

The only real problem with using a FOV that will allow the center rear view mirror to be shown fully looks like you are driving from the back seat.
    Even adjusting the seat won't let you see the full mirror, if your FOV is set to anything near realistic looking. In order to really get any use out of the in-car mirror would be with either TrackIR, so you can 'look' over at it to bring it into full view, or use a triscreen system where you can see the entire mirror (save the bezel spliting it). Or use TIR with a triscreen so you can 'look' around the bezel.

Virtual mirrors are about the only real option on a single screen, unless you have one of those new superwide 21:9 monitors. Those probably would allow both a realistic seat/fov and still see all the mirror.

5. Spadge

Spadge Registered

What he said.

I mean +1

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Yeah sorry i didn't mention i use a triple screen set up :rolleyes:

7. coops

coops Banned

^ i use triples too, i have to adjust the seat and mirrors if not i adjust my fov a little higher to get the mirror.

8. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I too use a triscreen system.
    Before, when on a single I used TrackIR alone and it really helped. That may be the OP's best options, if he thinks it worth the expense. I'd recommend it to anyone that really gets into the hobby, especially if using one monitor.
    I never really liked the virtual mirrors. I'd much rather not have them on and TrackIR made that possible. Then when going triscreen I found I could see the center in-car mirror very well. I just hate how the bezel is right in the middle. But that isn't too bad, because I still use TrackIR. A little glace over and the mirror image is moved away from the bezel. Even seeing the right side mirror is very easy with a bit more turning of my head.
    Sometimes you can find a used TIR for a very reasonable price. If anyone is thinking of that option, be sure to get at least a TrackIR 3:pro, to get 6DoF ;)

9. BettyWebber

BettyWebber Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
  10. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I agree, but due to cost triscreen isn't always a valid option for some. However, TrackIR is not very expensive, especially if you get a used one and will eliminate the hassle of seeing the mirrors.

11. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Or you can use FaceTrackNoIR, the cheaper alternative to TrackIR.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4614-FaceTrackNoIR-works-fine-with-build-69

1 person likes this.
  12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

virtual mirror.

13. poket roket

poket roket Registered

I just gave the FaceTrackNoIR a try, and i can't believe how well it works. Thanks taufikp for the heads up.

14. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

Santa Claus brought a brandnew HD webcam to me .... NOW FaceTrackNoIR is working ..... WOW !!!!

Until now is much no "nervous" and my tries with curves, filters etc. didnt come to a good result yet.
    Is someone here to share his setup for FaceTrackNoIR ?

15. poket roket

poket roket Registered