Two new sim automation requirements. Exit screen key press & value for current screen

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by antfurn, Dec 23, 2012.

1. antfurn

antfurn Registered

Hi,

Is this the correct place to raise new requirements? I really need these to enable proper automation of the rFactor2 interface before it is released.

1.) Please provide key presses for going 'forward' and to go back 'exit' the current screen, like the 'back' icon does, for every screen. In rFactor 1, this wasn't too bad as ESC got you off the track -which is an easy state to detect from the plugin interface. Then the back/forward buttons were in the same location on every screen.
    However, in rFactor2 the back & forward buttons are in different locations on many of the different menu screens. Without 2.) below, this is almost impossible to code for. And even with 2.) will be a maintenance headache.

2.) Please provide a value in the plugin interface that always provides a unique indication of the screen rFactor2 is displaying. Current implementation is close but still does not provide all the possible states. What I need is something that reports all of the following:

• Splash screen (where rFactor2 is loading up and still showing the loading splash screen)
    • Main front menu
    • Series select screen
    • Car select screen
    • Track select screen
    • Race settings screen
    • Track loading screen
    • Pits screen (this is the name I give to the screen where you can click the next screen to 'go on track' and race)
    • On track (ok you have this already & hopefully the WantsToViewVehicle( CameraControlInfoV01 &camControl ) will provide what the current camera view is and who it's viewing)
    • Live view screen (with overlays)
    • Live view screen (without overlays)
    • Replay view screen (with overlays)
    • Replay view screen (without overlays)
    • - I'm sure there are many others to - every screen needs its own unique number.

Thanks for listening,
    Antony

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
  2. antfurn

antfurn Registered

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It isn't, but I forwarded it. I assume you work for Adrian?

4. antfurn

antfurn Registered

Great - thanks. Yes.