Launchers greyed out

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Aaron.Francis, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Aaron.Francis

Aaron.Francis Registered

I've done the first time install and purchased. Even after logging in, I get greyed out boxes:

View attachment 5284

2. Aaron.Francis

Aaron.Francis Registered

I closed out the launcher, then went to the Purchase tab, it says it wasn't activated so I activated it and the launcher buttons are no longer greyed out.

3. lopsided

lopsided Registered

This is the first time I've had the same issue, been using it since build sixty something. However, when I go to 'reactivate' it says max. activation's exceeded. I used it earlier today, can't imagine what changed that would cause my selections to be greyed out and unable to re-activate. Any ideas?

4. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Just means you have exceeded your 5 activations Email ISI customer support and they will reset it.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yes

In Future BACKUP your USER\APPDATA\ROAMING\.rFactor2 folder.

6. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Thanks Durge. ISI had to reset my activation but I don't really understand why as I only hit it after the blocks were gray. Anyway, will backing up the roaming file prevent me from having to contact them if that happens again?

7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Yes if you don't change any hardware in your computer the roaming files will work.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Great advice guys, thanks.

I think we should probably reset some activations after testing... I'll bring that up.

9. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Funny you guys say that. I have just swapped my Asus P35 motherboard for my old Asus Commando to test Crossfire. All hardware the same except motherboard. The OS booted up fine and rFactor2 did not need reactivating. That isnt right if you ask me. Looks like rF2 does not recognise a motherboard swap.

10. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

That is cool since activation is not tied to every piece of hardware, just some. But since I don't know to what pieces of hardware it is tied, I said "any". It is probably tied to disk and CPU and probably some more but this is only a guess.

11. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

Same happens here, greyed out options and the famous message:

"A detectable CPU, permanent storage device, and an Ethernet or wireless (802.11) card are required to purchase the simulation. Currently, this application cannot detect these components. If these components are available and you believe this message is an error, please contact support@rfactor.net

Cannot locate a valid network adapter. Only network adapters reported by the operating system to be an Ethernet or wireless (802.11) devices are valid.

Cannot locate a valid primary hard drive. A permanent storage device must be present."

12. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You must enable wired network card (even if you use wireless).

13. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

Already enabled, it's kinda weird because I haven't changed anything, and this happens to me since X build.

14. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Does that mean you can't play from X build or it sometimes works and other times not?
    Did you try a clean install?

15. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

Since that build I can't play. Yes, I've tried a clean install already and no success :(

16. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

So you are connecting through wireless? Did you already try to disable the wireless and connect with a network cable?

17. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

Already connecting with a network cable, the router I'm using doesn't have wireless.

18. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Longshot but maybe worth a try:
    - update network driver (or motherboard drivers since you probably have network card on the motherboard)
    - install a fake network adapter (like Microsoft Loopback adapter) or if it is a desktop machine and you have some old network adapter lying around insert that (even if you won't use it)

And of course if you haven't already contact support@rfactor.net with all your PC details...maybe they know about this problem already or they can check and possibly resolve this in some next build.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes I would contact them and send in some system info so they can properly make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks for your patience.