rFactor2 Build 134 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Hi,

Didn't drive the last one, maybe I'll give a try on this one.
    Looks like you guys from ISI spent all year sleeping, and starting to wake up now. But in my opinion there a lot go for gold ver.

Merry Christmas

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

"Pointless Posting"?
    Well, I have never done such a thing!

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Unfortunately Jim, there are many people around here who cannot comprehend the deeper meaning of words like: Well, I, such etc. :( Oh and "thing" yes.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Come on guys lets not have all such negatives in the threads for the holidays, I'm sure the ISI team have worked very hard to get this far, although I do agree they need a plan to try & step it up & speed up progress, but hey let's just try enjoy what we have now & look forward to improvements coming, 2013 will be big BIG I know it!

5. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Many thanks ISI for the job and keep it up!

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

RF2 is clearly a very complex piece of software that is going to take some time to work on, so I'm perfectly happy with what we have so far and knowing there's more updates and features to come will just be an added bonus as we get them :)

7. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

That's the point, it is not complete yet. The game is in development for more than 3 years and the BASICS are not finished. It is in beta phase for a year now and the game still isn't solid enough. It's incomplete, inaccurate, buggy, not optimized, bad looking and not funny. Me and ISI have complete different ideas of what beta means surely.

I live in Sao Paulo and had driven in a proper sport car with slick tires in Interlagos in a track day a few years ago. And every year a go with my own car in the annual track day in this track. This is more than most of people who defend rfactor 2 has ever done.

8. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

I didn't say i KNOW or I'm SURE Assetto Corsa is going to be a better simulator. I said it SEEMS a much more solid and accurate simulator and that I'm glad to know they are gonna release a tech demo so I can test it before buying. Read again.

And I say this based on my experience playing nKPro (the best tire simulation and FFB yet) and reading impressions of people who had the opportunity to test AC. Their feedback is always very positive and given the Kunos precedent, I believe it is true.

Is it clear enough?

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Unhappy Guys, why just go to sleep and wait for rF2 to be gold and comeback? Off course it's WIP, so if you're disappointed, why not waiting the final version? Were are lucky enough to see and test during development. They are in late? so what? Tons of games are on time? and patched like hell on first and coming days? I prefer they took the needed time and polish all that beauty. If you want the traditional way, just wait, and you will enjoy the finished product. It's frustrating? yeah, that's life. I bet you'll bet happy with the final version. I wish you the best, and will be happy to discuss on forums at that time with all of you :)

Merry Christmas!

2 people like this.
  10. tjc

tjc Registered

Well said YoLolo69. :)

11. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

I think everybody has the right to express their discontent with a product. Especially if they payed for it because it was advertised it would be finished after about 6 months of beta phase and after almost an year it is still far from finished. It is not OK to be late just because other projects are. It is not OK to say "it's frustrating? yeah, that's life". This is not (or at least shouldn't be) a place just for kind words about rfactor 2. They should know some people are not happy with how they are doing things. Even for the good of the game. If only good things are said here, they would have reasons to believe the whole community is happy with anything.

Merry Christmas.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We are also going to release a demo so you can test before buying, if you would like to wait for us to release that demo, much like you are currently waiting for AC.

Well, I obviously disagree on which is 'best', but that is personal preference. And as for the people who have had the opportunity to test it, what have those people also said about rF2, out of interest? Because I have seen rF2 coming out quite favorably. No? So how can it 'seem' to be what you say? Different, yes. Another choice, yes. Something most sim racers should probably buy, yes. :)

13. 88mphTim

As long as they're not unnecessarily and personally offensive while they do it, as one person already has been.

Nobody forced anybody to buy anything. We have said all along that there would be a free demo after testing. If waiting through the testing wasn't something you could do, then that really is your personal problem. Nobody also promised and 'advertised' 6 months. I'm sure the "6 months" was mentioned in every post on places like VirtualR, but it wasn't something we were telling people to say when they covered us.

You're also a bit mistaken on what a forum can be. You can give constructive feedback with kind words. Every post you make, whether positive or negative, can use kind words.

14. 88mphTim

For you, perhaps. :) Was nice for me to see the black boxes gone, and probably huge for the multiplayer servers.

15. thuGG

thuGG Registered

So you think that fixing a bug (that probably shouldn't be there it the first place) is something major? Wow, now that's something.
    Good for you.

16. 88mphTim

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

Possibly something to take into account is that this is the end of the B125 production, minus skins (which has unfortunately taken a bit longer, and pulled more hair out, than expected). As B125 wasn't the full build, this now is.

17. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Wasn't expecting another update before Christmas so a nice surprise.

Just out of interest, are there any other modern F1 circuits planned for rFactor 2's release? I know we have Sepang but I'd love a couple more. Formula One still has some good circuits despite the decline (modern Silverstone, Suzuka, Melbourne, Hungary), and even some of the modern Tilke tracks such as Singapore and Austin Texas seem like they'd be great fun to drive in rFactor 2 with real road. Just thought I'd ask!

Thank you. :p

18. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Maybe need to drive again :p

I pushed slick car near limits and for the moment RF2 is the most accurate sim on tires and on track's life. I used motec too, and datas in real life was near datas that you can find with RF2. Sure is not perfect for the moment, but sure, I cant find better on a PC.

Maybe stop troling is a good idea, live your life in your way, and search a better sim if you're so sure to find better, merry chrismats

And thank ISI for the enjoyment ;)

19. 88mphTim

I have one you mentioned licensed, and am working on others. However, like with rF1 a lot of tracks will come as and when they're done.

20. Mechamorafa

Mechamorafa Registered

It is too late for a demo, I already bought rFactor 2. And I did that specifically because of its favorably impressions. The difference is that the AC is coming out as a solid and predictable driving experience while rfactor 2 was mostly "hard to drive". Which in part is true, by for completely different reasons. But nothing of that really matters because I can say for sure what I think about rfactor 2 and I just said what AC SEEMS to be.

The problem is that the refund option in the game didn't work for me. If you could help me with that, I would happily wait for the demo, like I'm doing with AC. No money involved and I wait for how long it takes.

I think is even offensive when you put a product for sale and if someone express his dissatisfaction you simply say that "nobody forced anybody to buy anything". Nice PR. It says a lot about ISI.