driving experience...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlaringFiddle5, Dec 13, 2012.

1. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

I am starting to like the rFactor 2 driving experience better than iRacing. The driving is more fun it seems like. Maybe it is easier or something. i couldn't comment on which one is more realistic or anything as I have never been in a real race car. I DO think, however, that rFactor 2 is offering some quite fun driving compared to iRacing (for me). I'm not talking the online experience or anything, just the actual driving bits .. iRacing you have to be SOOOOO careful ... rFactor 2 is allowing some fun into it (for me). Thoughts?

2. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t do iRacing but every time I drive rf2 I`m finding it harder and harder to see anything coming close to it...

I`m not saying iRacing or AC etc won`t be a good drive, but rf2 is going be hard to beat I think.

3. BlaringFiddle5

i'm looking forward to AC also ... that looks fantastic in the screenies and videos I've seen... I liked the beta of NetKarPro that I tried so I expect good things from AC.

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

The first thing I mentioned to my fellow league members who mostly run iRacing was that I finally found a sim/game where it feels like I'm actually driving a car.

Not driving on ice all the time, which is what iRacing feels like to me.

5. BlaringFiddle5

Sadly, it is starting to feel that way to me too ... it is quite frustrating... They have such a wonderful online setup and so on. But you have to be SOOOOO careful and make absolutely no mistakes ... mistakes are catastrophic there. I can make some mistakes here and tho my laptime will suffer, I can avoid ending up in the wall most of the time :)

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I totally agree with all the posts above. I feel the same.

7. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Me too. iRacing feels bland and boring for me. The actual online racing is great, car physics, meh.

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I think that the main issues of iR is the lack of grip and the weak and flat ffb!However,you aren't alone!

9. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I'm loving the feel of rF2. Nothing I have ever played can compare. There are a number of sims I haven't tried, so maybe there is something available. I like that if I drive it like a real car, I get along well. If I drive it like older sims (including rF1), I get nowhere.

I really believe rF2 is of a fidelity that we haven't had before on a home PC.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  10. BlaringFiddle5

where did those quotes come from?

11. BlaringFiddle5

now we just need proper online for rf2! :) I only ever see like 5 or 6 people playing at night (~9PM Eastern time) ... of course it is nice to race the AI as well ...

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It's a Beta,so it's normal!try to join some rF2 league:)

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Iracing is a decent sim & I am a member,

However I've always been a fan of ISI's g motor engine and I think their starting to highlight the strengths of this in rfactor 2

.....come on gold !!

15. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I left iracing shortly after this beta was released. The only thing i really miss is the way online is structured with races at set times(knowing there will be full grids) and a qualifying session giving you a time for all of the races in that category for the week at that track.

I agree with pretty much everything said above, the ffb is the big killer, so bland in iracing and in rf2 feels superb. I've thought about returning to iracing but i can't bring myself to endure the ffb now that i've been spoiled by rf2.

My race:practice ratio is very different now, iracing my time was mostly spent racing and in rf2 i do a lot more practice but that will change once we hit gold.

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

iRacing FFB has been improved a lot lately, at least that's what I feel anyway.

Some cars are not bad at all. I think my problem is that currently there isn't a car which matches my style. Hopefully they will be some one day.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Learning a track in iracing relies on mainly visual cues as there's not a great deal of feedback from the car ( not just in the ffb )

Do hope rf2 developes a good online community

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  18. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I still run iRacing for the oval stuff - - nothing can beat it there.

19. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Since the Skip Barber and Lime Rock Park was released i can`t get enough of rF2. Finally the quality of the official content is getting good.

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Frankwer

Agreed, before build 125 & skips on lime rock rf2 had some signs of brillianceBut there were times I would wonder if ISI could pull off this ambitious project , now it's confirmed & good signs of things to come

I'm actually looking forward to future ISI content, lime rock is at the top of my list at the moment