realistic clutch

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by otirc, Dec 10, 2012.

1. otirc

otirc Registered

Realistic GEARBOX!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  2. O11

O11 Registered

This x10

Still

3. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

realistic clutch!!

4. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

realistic clutch or realistic gear box? that is the question! lol I mean both needs to work together to do a realistic job :p

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I think he means gearbox.

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think I remember reading that they might revisit gearbox at some point, which would indeed be good.

Some version of Netkar had some gearbox code so you could not shift completely unrealistic method, also LFS has had such, so would be nice to level up and go past of some other titles at this area too.

7. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

http://www.virtualr.net/grinding-tranny-mod-2-0-for-rfactor-released

8. Ivan Baldo

Ivan Baldo Registered

iRacing has it too... so I think rF2 must do it at some not too distant point in time.
    I find it very fun, in some cars you have to use the clutch, in others you have to keep in mind the speed and RPM so you need to have some sort of rythm when changing gears, and sometimes you are braking for a turn and get trouble shifting and you think "change change change pleeeeaaassseeee!!!" while fighting with the accelerator while braking to try to make the lower gear get in :).
    Fun stuff yep!

9. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

I would love to see a proper Shifting/Clutch-Model in rF2.
    Please ISI...

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Another vote here for a realistic gearbox/clutch. :)

11. Marcel Pfister

Marcel Pfister Registered

+1

in sequencial gearboxes it should be possible to shift up a gear without using the clutch by lifting the gas (like with motorcycles)

12. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Lots of cars with H Pattern shifting can upshift without the clutch too. Well they can downshift as well, but not as easily and you have to match the revs darn close too, or you will grind gears in a nasty way.
    I think if anythng there should be a mechanical damage multiplier that comes into effect every time one up shifts without the clutch and even more so when down shifting. This would be the closest to realistic as possible, I think.

Clutch function could stand better adjustments than what is currently in the game. Something like DXTweak would allow you to do. With it you could set how far you had to push the pedal before the clutch would disengage and how much you had to let it out before it would engage. Made for a much more realistic feel to the clutch. Sadly DXTweak doesn't work on Vista on up, I don't believe.

13. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Try DIView.

14. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Does it work without the Precision Joystick Controller BU0836 card?
    Rise of Flight can do what I would like to see rFactor2 do from within its Controls menu.
    Now if DIView will do pretty much the same thing as DXTweak does without the need for the card, that would be fine, I think.

15. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I am using it on a BU0836-LC. I setup how I want it to be and close DIView. The settings hold for all games and after reboots.

I think that is what you are asking?

16. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

+1 for realistic shifting/clutch/gearbox! Will this be implemented soon or is it not considered important?

17. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I believe last word of this being that they plan to revisit gearbox code at some point. So, whatever that gives for importance and time frame, probably not for next patch and probably not unimportant either. When time is right, then probably it gets implemented, but we live, we see.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

This has come up before but I will reiterate- I really want another clutch setting- Auto, Manual, Real. As it is now, there's no competitive reason to use the clutch (except to take off at the start or pit stop) and any plugin that simulates grinding gears is only a disadvantage online. There needs to be a server option for realistic gears. It'll change the game and really make this the best sim out there for historical racing.

19. xevz

xevz Registered

That goes for all gearboxes using dog clutches instead of synchromesh, be it sequential or H-pattern.

20. Luc1gnol0

Luc1gnol0 Registered

I'd be happy even if it were as netKar, we hope that isi give priority to this :(