Driving views

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Dufoe, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

Hate the new driving views. I use three monitors and the new driving view spreads the car across all three monitors. There is no side view of the track and where the boundaries of your car anymore. You should incorporate an adjustable FOV to allow users to dial in the view that they like. There still isn't anyway to adjust the driver seat IE up, down, foreward, back, etc.

2. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

All these things are available, Not at my rig at the moment and can't remember off the top of my head exactly where they are, somewhere in settings. But I have exactly the view I want. FOV at 27 as I recall and seat adjusted so my wheel is just about were it would be in the car...

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Kinda speechless. Go look in your menus for FOV. Here's a few keys for starters.......try pressing W, A, S and D.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes there is. Look in the menus. It would have taken a lot less time than making a post saying things which are there, are not there.

5. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

Thanks for the come back, but the fov is only for verticle only and seat adjustments seem to be ONLY in cockpit view. I have been in the menu many times. A user only has the views that you have created and can't adjust them. No, it took me many hours trying to adjust the program views than it did to post this. Sigh, fine will have to go with whatever you program. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
  6. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

What type of view are you looking for? :)

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I argued the small seat movements from the first beta, they have since been extended but still not enough for me personally. I maybe fussy with fov and seat position but its a better experiencewhen you have that right, even real life drivers can be fussy over seat height!

8. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

That paints a very different picture than your first post. I understand a little more now. I always thought FOV was FOV, whether you set a Vertical or Horizontal amount the numbers are different but the end result is the same?

I can understand needing to adjust the seat further than the current limits with some setups.

Surely seat adjustment would only appply if you are sitting in the seat (cockpit).

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well this is a different kind of post to your first one. Have you tried camera adjustments? You can use the U key to unlock, and camera keys should function, though it might be locked to our settings online.

FOV does adjust horzontally. Maybe I am not understanding what your issue is there.

10. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

Ahha! Totally missed the use of the camera movements and unlocking with the U key. Me bad. There are some non open wheel cars that I don't like to use the cockpit view. I would rather use the TVcockpit. I WAS having a hard time adjusting the height and distance from windscreen views. Yes after I looked at my first post it was obvious that I was not talking about the RF2 program clearly. Thanks for being so kind and putting up with my mistake. ALL is better now, I was able to make the correct adjustments for what I wanted to view.

Got my custom view, but now I have to put a wight on my mouse cord so the mouse does not move. I can't LOCK my custom view created with pressing the U key because that puts it in free camera. This means any movement of the mouse causes my view to change. Just the vibration of my speakers makes it move. The weight on the mouse cord works, so I am still a happy driver.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012