The Rig I Drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golanv, Dec 8, 2012.

1. cookie

cookie Registered

2. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

so chair doesnt move back, but are the pedals also fastened or do they need the wall?

3. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Looks like the pedals are against that end pipe there.

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

There's round horizontal bar under those Fanatec pedals straight from the factory which locks to the slot of my construction. I just lift front edge of the pedals and slide that thing under. Doesn't need support from wall. With other pedals one must think another way how to lock them together easily.

5. cookie

cookie Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
  6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I forgot I made this. I was calculating the least space a triple 32" sim cockpit could take up.

[​IMG]

60"x64" is the floor space if you are willing to shove the pedals into the corner and have the right or left screen touch the wall. Thought I would share.

7. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Maybe the center display couldn't be that close to wheel in general? If so it would change the angle of side displays and therefore increase the space needed.

EDIT: Hmm, by removing the display stand and raising the height by little it could be closer like in the drawing.

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This! I have built my cockpit like this and it is so immersive! steering wheel very close the the central monitor and my head that "touches" the virtual line that pass between the 2 extremity of the 2 lateral screens, low FOV( 22-18) and it's simply wowwww...........

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

My intention would always be to remove the wheel from the motor and extend it away. Having a big base on the wheel ruins most setups OR puts the screens too high. With the right angled shaft and sized wheel you could get in-game gauges to appear in the right spot behind the wheel itself and THAT is worth it's weight in gold.

Imagine this without the motor

[​IMG]

10. SQUIRRELBONG

SQUIRRELBONG Registered

11. SQUIRRELBONG

SQUIRRELBONG Registered

This is how ill set mine up, to me this looks right.

12. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

Is there anyone here who combines the 3 screens with other desktop usages? Like programming, word processing, browsing, mailing, facebook, normal daily stuff? Or is it all dedicated rigs. Looks inspiring though, being able to look around through the windows of the car!

13. Axly

Axly Registered

Also very curious about that whykonen.. Excellent question.
    I'd love some inspirational pics of how those work/rigs are planned.

14. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

Yeah because I live in a small room, but I would consider spending around €280 to get 2 more of the same 22 inch monitors. Wonder if it would work / would be much more immersive.

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Mmmm, search for second hand monitors. I have a guy near me (Lyon, France) selling 3 x 27'' 16/9 monitor for 380€ and they look perfect without any default. That mean less than 130 Euros for one 27'' monitor fullhd. I'm angry as my account still suffer from the Christmas period and I can't buy them ;)

16. FONismo

FONismo Registered

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It doesn't have VESA mount, so it wouldn't be good if you want to use a triple screen stand and 5ms is a bit high for the standard of this days! you can easly find monitors with 2ms of response time!

I have 3 of this and they are perfect!
    http://www.amazon.com/VE248H-24-Inch-Full-HD-Integrated-Speakers/dp/B0043T7FHK
    VESA mount, HDMI,VGI,DVI..2ms response time and they are 24" inch( 1 inch biggher than the one above)!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  18. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

My rig:

[​IMG]

19. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Very nice!

RaceRoom seat looks very practical, I have early Playseat's seat with the wheel bar between legs, it irritates me more and more, I think I will cut it out and build something similiar like Raceroom's.

What are those monitors?

20. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

The Seat is very solid and at the time was the best bang for the dollar. Since then other seats have gone down in price and/or shipping. This was free shipping at the time and price was the best of them all. I've since seen them trying to get you harder on the accessories as if to make up for the relatively cheap base price.

The monitors are Dell S2340M. Be warned they do have some ghosting so if you're sensitive to that just be warned. It isn't horrible but you may see it. Like a cone here or a wall there might ghost. But it isn't a whole screen everything ghost issue. lol Gonna fiddle with some settings to see if I can alleviate that. But the thin bezels was too much to ignore for me. For sake of full disclosure I do overlap the bezels so if you had it side by side it would be twice what you see there.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013