SimRacing Base - The Base of Sim Racing

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by SimRacingBase, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@SimRacingBase...could you maybe add a section for "plugins" , i know you have the addons and utilities section but naming it as "Plugins" will help to keep things easy and tidy in the future

2. SimRacingBase

SimRacingBase Registered

Good advice, we will do that thanks :)

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Just out of curiousity.

Let's say I am building a track, and when it is finished, people are having lots of fun with it, they can get it for free at various sources. Let's also say, one individual takes that mod, changes a couple of textures, changes some config files, and offers the mod at your site. What happens in this instance? I would be very brassed off if someone is earning money through my work while I'm offering it for free myself. Do you have procedures for this?

5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

@wgeuze have you read that the site is something like a base for mod section, not about payable mods, and that they have news section? You completly got away from the actually point the site is about.

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Oeh, now I'm just confused. I thought there was a site where you needed to pay for your mod downloads, this being that one. Clearly I was mistaken! (luckily :) )

7. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes you confused it.
    But to answer youre question. No mods with out original author will be added to whatever site where mods will be sold. Its modders self choise if he wants to add his content to that or not and this will be allways checked to when he wants to add content.
    Its a free choise of author itself.

8. Twista

Twista Registered

But how do you ensure that their content is original? How do you monitor that if someone takes someone else's work and modifies it to the point it's unrecognisable? What's the legality of it?

9. UnitedRacingDesign

This thread is not to be discuses on this kinda mathers as it has nothing to do witht the original topic and the right topic for this should be opened and discused in future but until shop is out its noncense and im sure who ever will offer that can make simple checks if its original author or not.

10. anthing

anthing Registered

Can I ask who are the persons behind this SimRacingBase? Cant see much info anywhere or I missed something here.

11. SimRacingBase

SimRacingBase Registered

actually we are in 3, and if someone whant help is welcome :)

12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

13. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Hey, great site! If you are taking this seriously this will constantly grow and could become one of the most important places for simracing!

I've been searching for a place where I can find Mods for netKar PRO. Any plans on building up a saction for those, too?
    And thank you for showing me x-motor racing. Looks very interesting. I think I'm going to check this out soon!

14. motojase171

motojase171 Registered

great site good luck!! added to my favourites :)

15. SimRacingBase

SimRacingBase Registered

Thank you guys! About Netkar-Pro, it is not very moddable apart the tracks side, if we will receive new addons we're sure to add! X-Motor it is not so well know but we think it si very promising ;) Please guys feel free to comments the articles, add suggestions and post news (everyone can do that!?). In te near future we will open to hardware articles, specially for DIY one. We need a bit more publicity, fell free to add us in your signature :)

16. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

I hope you will survive the rule of 1. If so, I wish you all the best in getting it up and running, and filled.
    For now, I stick with my home site :) , with the download collection there :)

M.

17. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Who is shows the site is registered by Giovanni Scala
    http://simracingbase.com.ip4.bz/

He is also listed as a staff member at Mak Corp
    http://www.mak-corp.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=202&Itemid=174

Looks like a shady way of them trying to legitimize their pay ware mods by hoping for associating with other real modders along with their store to help push them.

http://www.mak-corp.net/index.php?o...-online-store-opening-soon&catid=39:frontpage

Trying to deny this association only gives the site even less Credibility and wont get any more support then rfcentral does these days amongst most modders IMHO.

If Mak Corp want to profit from their hobby I don't see why not license the ISI engine and make a proper sim, if they have such quality modders that want to profit from it. Do it the legit way with proper licensing and not in a way that may put an end to hobby modding altogether, by attracting more attention from the big brands and license holders.

I will gladly give a donation for high quality hobby modders work but wont be supporting this payware modding attempt.

Trying to start up a site as a basic community site when infact its got another ulterior motive, with links to someone they don't want to associate with publicly though they have very close ties it all smells rather fishy to me.

Just my 2c which is all they will get from me and their rf2 mods lol.

18. SimRacingBase

SimRacingBase Registered

Giovanni is one of 3 owners of simracingbase, he do some works for mak corp but does not mean that the site is of mark corp :)
    just see all the news posted, simracing base talk about all kind of mods, payware or not! For example we don't like illegal stuff like the last 2 f1 'Demo' mods for rf2 and we haven't post any info. Please don't see wrong things were there aren't! We give you an example, Rob Prange owner of virtualr is a slighty mad employer, but he post news about everything. Anyway feel free to think whatever you want, we will keep talk of our favourite hobby and try to expand it worldwide :)

P.S.
    And last thing, simracingbase was born on september 2012, way before of mak corp announce ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
  19. Magzire

Magzire Registered

20. DeM

DeM Registered

Good informa site, let me see how it developes I like lots of information on the F1, some Sims I'm not heard of looking forward to reading more thank you.
    For my Greek Friends

Καλή τοποθεσία πληροφορίες, επιτρέψτε μου να δούμε πώς θα εξελίσσεται σαν πολλές πληροφορίες σχετικά με την Formula 1, ορισμένοι Sims δεν έχω ακούσει ανυπομονούμε να διαβάζουν περισσότερο σας ευχαριστώ. http://www.simracingbase.com/