Stuttering at Lime rock

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by PRC Steve, Dec 5, 2012.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

On my system i get solid 40-50 fps on most if not all tracks, with Monaco being a slight exception, dropping to about 25.
    I just cant seem to tweak Lime Rock to run smoothly, i get about 25 fps but it stutters going down the start/finish straight and on some bends making it a little unplayable.

My specs are W7 32 bit, 4 gig ddr3 ram, Asus Maximus extreme mobo, nvidia 550ti (main Card) nvidia 9500gt (secondary card) Intel q6600 cpu, 17" 24" 17" triple screen set up with SoftTH.

Everything runs cool and no overclocking, I can't see any problems with ram usage or any overloading of the cpu and as i said on most if not all other tracks it runs sweet, which is confusing me as i think tracks like Mid Ohio or Sebring look like they are more graphically intensive than Lime Rock, Toban is another that looks more intensive and that runs the best out of the whole lot.
    I include 2 screenshots of my settings if it helps at all :)

View attachment 5012
    View attachment 5013

2. Marcel Pfister

Marcel Pfister Registered

I have constantly good frames about 45-60fps but the game feels stuttering.

Intel I5
    nVidia 560
    8GB Ram

3. Dufoe

Dufoe Registered

Yes, stuttering is very bad with this new build. The program runs very irradically compared to previous version. Had to cut graphics down to allow playability.

intel I7
    2x nVidia 560 Ti (sli)
    16GB memory

4. Marcel Pfister

Marcel Pfister Registered

I lowered the graphics too. I have now the same framerate as before without stuttering o_O

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You're being impressed by textures, I assume. If you don't have performance on a track, reduce your settings. You ARE stretching that system with softTH. :)

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I'm being impressed by just about everything :cool: Ok thanks i get what your saying and i don't suppose its such a big deal lowering a few things for certain tracks, i'll just keep a screeny of those settings so i can revert for better performing tracks (on my system) :)

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Putting track details to min saves a lot for me

( we don't really look at at all the flags & building when we drive around anyway )

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think, if it helps, Lime Rock is a very good opportunity to set your settings right. other ISI tracks SHOULD always be OK if LRP is OK. Modders tracks based on rf1 conversions should also be OK. You may only run into issues when modders are making tracks originally for rf2 if too many polys are used (more than LRP), which I think none are using more yet (but I didn't check recently!)