mods not installing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joshua daniels, Dec 3, 2012.

1. joshua daniels

joshua daniels Registered

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Are you referring to the R2P GT.rfmod from the Race2Play VMODs.zip you linked to in post #5? If so then that RFMOD appears to be referencing the Rfactor2 UI from B118. There are a few things referenced in that vMOD that are unnecessary, the Rfactor2 UI being one of them.

1 person likes this.
  3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Good spot MJP.

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Yes the vmod was built from 118 , So how can i fix that ?

5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Are you the person that made it? If so, re-make 'R2P GT,' but this time don't include anything but vehicle and tracks in it. No need for Nations, rF2 Showroom, rFactor 2UI, sounds, talent files. Just Vehicle and tracks.
    I've just downloaded the 70 meg pack and can say I get the same error as the OP on that same file.

I think the reason other people installed the vMods ok is because they installed them before they ungraded to the new build, not after.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  6. joshua daniels

joshua daniels Registered

thats the 1

7. kro388th

kro388th Registered

OK thanks .. I was following the vid tut back then and it showed choosing all thoes parts ..

Do the others install fine ? i think i left check box's un checked thoes files in MAS2 ..cant remember

8. kro388th

kro388th Registered

FIXED*
    The new vmod includes Lime rock as well as all the others in the R2P vmods . The new file name is R2P_GT v1.1 (thought with no spaces "get mod" might work like posted in another thread) lol we will see ..

The files not on the download server as of yet at R2P

Thx MJP and DJ !!!

I read your post last month on making the vmods smaller by deleting the icons and did that as well !
    ;-)

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Cool kro388th, happy to be of help.

1 person likes this.
  10. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Works !!

thx BB & Dave NRT

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What a nice community :)

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

12. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

IMO the whole concept and process of adding tracks and cars is one BIG CLUSTER FK! I too have things that won't install. Maybe I'm not seeing some great advantage to the current system. I'm definitely old school GPL. Every car worked with every track. To join an online race you only needed the correct car mod and the one track that was running. No single car or track operation depended on any other car or track. (I guess maybe you had to have the basic original exe for the mods to work but I'm not sure.) Beautiful in the simplicity. All this linking this thing to that thing or this other thing won't work is just BS. I hate it and I'm tired of f'ing with it. I want to play not work. If I wanted to work this hard I go try to fix my washing machine or clean out my garage.

13. 88mphTim

Right now you don't have the components. You will have.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

14. Chopslide

Chopslide Registered

Unfortunately I have to agree completely with ricknau the amount of files, reinstall downloads and general time it takes to make this game run is absurd granted this is beta and I signed up for this but to look at my packages folder and mod manager it makes me dizzy I am able to run a few mods that i can find online but most do not work 2hrs download, install time and 10 mins of race where i get ran off the road in the first turn.......its getting a little frustrating for me I was able to navigate and use Rf1 quite well but so far this has been a tough learning curve for me. Maybe stepping away for awhile will help as things hopefully will consolidate and unneeded mods will go away You a very right with the Quote "Nice community" I have had a lot of help and appreciate it all

15. 88mphTim

How many files did each rf1 mod used to have? And how many installations of rf1 did you need to have just to stop each mod trashing your installation if they conflicted with each other?

As we said in January, we are releasing rfmod files so that we can test what we want to (so we know that you are testing a car we packaged with a track we packaged). Cars and tracks will be released as components eventually. You'll have A car file, A track file. And then any league or server should be able to say: Download track A, download car A and B. You do that, install them, and then when you find their server, you click getmod to grab the vmod, then join instantly. How that's going to be difficult, I have no idea. The current mess of files, is because people can't wait for the individual component downloads (which I don't blame them for, but that's why).

16. Chopslide

Chopslide Registered

That is what I am dealing with to run the sim today! It may be the best thing since sliced bread eventually but as of today it is not

17. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Ok, so this means I have to download ALL of the mods to be able to install one!?!? Well, I actually only want to install 2. The mod I currently have is ISI1052-v10-FormulaISIr. But I "was" going to test out the Formula Masters while I downloaded the Skip Barber (I am downloading from phone internet :p ). Which mod will I need to download, to install these 2?

I just purchased RF2 like 20 mins ago, and can't race. :(

It currently says in the mod manager:

***Unable to install the following mods***
    ISI Formula Masters

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

It has been said so many times, install ALL ISI stuff, otherwise you risk of messing things. Most of ISI mods have tracks inside you cannot do without.

19. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Remember this is a BETA reelese , feed back from testing and playing is the goal at this time .. its not fair to expect to have this reelese as a final platform to play it as you would a gold/final reelese ;-)

It has been stated many times now that the componants will be separated in the end ..ISI reeleses these combined mod/tracks togeather with the intent to have us TEST as it comes out as things they have been working on will be in thoes combo's ..
    We play report ,tweek report. That dosent stop us from fully enjoying the sim it only means we have to jump through a few hoops to get wher we want to be , just look at all the tracks/mods that are out ther asside from ISI's ..

I guess its become second nature for alot of us now so I understand how confusing it might seem to someone just now looking at the BTETA for the first time ..In the beginning ther were only a couple of mods and tracks so we had it easy lol

20. 88mphTim

RIGHT NOW, yes, but when what I said in the post you quoted is done? NO.

RIGHT NOW, install everything ISI have released to avoid these issues.