Reflections are messed up!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Some1, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Some1

Some1 Registered

Hey! In build 125, the reflections on the car (realtime cubic) are really messed up.

Here's a screen (I've upped the fresnel values to illustrate the problem better):
    View attachment 4920

It seems like the cube map is re-applied for each mesh. My car consists of lots of different parts (instances) - doors, fenders etc.

I've tried re-exporting my models from Max (2010) with different combinations of export settings, but none seem to fix the problem.

The reflections also look a bit funny on the Nissan GTR, but I think the GTR only has one whole mesh for the body.

So, the question is, what changed and how to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
  2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I think (i gonna check later) that now the specular map, from material, is active, before the update, no. The maps must have unique name, ex, i have body.dds in some slots, a 64x64 pix white square, using it as specular map and now they load the body texture from the car (body.dds from wccarbody calls car livery) not the body.dds itself, wich is not supose to happen.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

They are really messed up this time, ive used diff, spec, cube for windows and now the reflection there is worse than anywhere else.

This really should be updated quickly as nothing can be done further whit the cars if shaders dont work properly.

4. Some1

Some1 Registered

Thank you, Ales! I really wanted somebody to confirm this. :)

5. UnitedRacingDesign

I thought first im doing something wrong to. Ive seen that in update readme is that they changed lightning and reflection for cars so okey but when i reimported cars i got strange problems, changed some settings and shaders even textures, tested few and nothing got better.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think I saw this known, but reported anyway.

7. UnitedRacingDesign

Tim do you think we could get some quick shader update and not waiting for next complete game update? This actually stoped our work on some stuff as you cant really setup textures and shaders right if it doesnt work good ingame.

8. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

hi

do you use the new max plugins ? i have no issue with live reflection in moddev.

hum, i can't say this, because my windows are weirds and uglys now ^^ but there is some live.

9. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I have issues with the normals with this update, like they are inverted, before they work good.

10. websta

websta Registered

In single player 60's mod I can see live reflection, it's toned down a bit, but I think that's about right for that era of paint.
    In devmode I can see no live reflection in rTrainer in Joesville.
    Shame because I really need to be checking I have shaders right. With the way things are right now, I am finding it hard to nail my shaders, if the platform is working/not working. Need some consistency to rely on.
    Of course I do realize this is not always possible with something in Beta.