Random weather setting

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Fraser74, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Fraser74

Fraser74 Registered

I would really like a random weather setting. A setting where the practice and quallifying might be wet and the warm up and race could be dry or drying. I know i could set this up but i'd like to have to adapt to the conditions as they are changing without already knowing what is coming. Still have a weather forcast nce the race weekend has begun but one that could be, lets say vague or unreliable (like the one the f1 teams use).
    I dont tend to race in the wet because nobody really would choose the wet if they had a choice but if i had already chosen random weather at the start of a race weekend and the race turned out to be wet, i'd actually like it because i'd have to deal with the conditions the same as everyone else.

Does anyone else fel the same?

2. Axly

Axly Registered

we're hunting for plausible weather transitions in my League. my "bonus son 2" wrote a weather generator which shifts the weather in a smooth fashion, still random, but it feels quite realistic going from say clouey to drizzle, to.rain during a race... i'm not sure what's planned for the weather once Gold, but i wish for a.weather generator that can produce good realistic weather, and also a forecast which isn't exact, but as forecasts are.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

The problem with weather is most rooms are too short a race.

I been in rooms were tracks rain and drys in a lap its ridiculous I rather not have it at all.

I would not worry too much about league weather scripts in a beta year, everything will change , real road and edited track files for weather probably wont work.

After Gold it will all need to be redone from scratch is my guess.

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I do.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Sometimes the transitions between wet and dry can be very sudden, like you are in the amazon monsoon season :D

6. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

like at the last F1 race 2012 in Interlagos :cool:

But I agree that a random function would be very cool - esp. with certain parameters available (2 times or 3 times rain, rain duration about xx minutes)

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Brazil wasn't too bad. The transition was pretty sudden, but the rain not to hard. To me Malaysia 2001 jumps to my mind (as a dutchmen, it really was a great race to remember, except maybe the finishing position of 'jos the boss')

EDIT :: Rain fun starts at 3:00, but don't just start, Verstappen's start is epic at the beginning of the vid, from 18th to 6th

EDIT II :: Nurburgring 2007 was great as well btw :)

And there must be better footage, because the real problem came in turn 1 in the next lap after this video stopped.....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I would love to see a random weather option that could be left on by default. The track file would contain some weather info related to the actual location, so temps and chance of rain/intesity of rain would follow some likely pattern. I don't want sunny and 37C in Croft (or at oleast not more than a 1 in 1,000 chance), etc. The range of possible weather conditions could also be chunked into seasons--not sure if ISI plan to do that or that we just assume it will always be "peak" racing season in the corresponding track location?

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There was a massive thread about this subject last year, IIRC there was a Random Weather setting in the game before it went Beta but ISI removed it because it was causing too many problems or something like that. Would be great to have it back in someday, a bit like the rain drops on windscreens that was also in pre-Beta but removed...hopefully they're both on that "to do" list soon.

10. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

Yeah Jos Verstappen. A legend of the calibre of Stirling Moss. Thanks to him the Netherlands finally is delivering potential world champions: Giedo van der Garde, Robin Frijns and Nyck de Vries.