Slowmotion bug (continue from v118 thread)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Johannes Rojola, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

The original thread http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/8576-Slowmotion-Bug was archived so I can't reply there.

I made a video which very well shows what is actually happening. Mind you, I am using custom track and custom mod *but* as I tested, this bug appears similar with ISI content as well. I hope ISI tech people address this.

There was suggestion to unplug unnecessary USB devices, but that didn't make any difference. Performance issue this can't be either because like it shows in the video, everything goes back to smooth when AI control is enabled. My CPU usage doesn't go to 100% and is only slightly higher when car is controlled by player.

2. Syonco

Syonco Registered

Same issue here, not quite as extreme as the video you posted but still completely unplayable.

(Copy paste from the other thread)

I've googled this back and forth, re-installed both OS/Game/GPU several times to no avail.

I'm having the issue where the game will stutter to oblivion, and turn into a slow motion fest. AI will warp all over the place, suddenly comming to an abrupt stop in the middle of the track etc.

Tried just about every trick there was to cure this posted on the forums, aswell as turning off all graphics detail.

Specs :

- CPU : I7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz
    - GPU : ATI 7970 Ghz Edition 6GB
    - Ram : Corsair Dominator 16GB
    - PS : 1KW
    - 5760x1080 Eyefinity

Using ECCI 7000 FFB Wheel with TC's CST 3P GT

3. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Same issue again here as well, also not as bad as in the vid(thanks Johannes), but close. For the rest, same symptoms and conditions already mentioned in the previous v118 thread.

4. Johannes Rojola

Guess my problem is rather dramatic then :D Yes, pretty much unplayable in some situations.

5. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

How about the 'necessary' ones? Are you all using wheels? Have you tried unplugging the wheel and testing with Keyboard?

6. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i have this problem on Lime Rock with the Skippys. Sometime laps are going without problem, but then on some laps suddenly everything slows down and stutters. very strange

7. Johannes Rojola

Yes I did unplug the wheel, didn't make any difference either.

8. Syonco

Syonco Registered

Can confirm that it doesn't make any difference. Unplugged everything but the mouse/keyboard and it still was a mess.

9. jayblue

jayblue Registered

I had this problem with iracing after one of their updates -

Never did find out what caused it, deleting and forcing a reset of the graphics .ini files cured it.

10. perplex

perplex Registered

Hey. Never thought about that i had to post in that forum because of gfx problems....

today was a nice day. I bought a new gfx card. GTX 660 Ti Phantom.My former card was GTX 285 and i had no problems at all even after the update and on Lmp no issues ..not like the others in forum complaining. ok i had no super duper settings but medium and vsync on (video) but 60fps constant without any drop. Now my new card gets married with my motherboard and im joining an event on Sebring with 10 players and i got drops from 60 to 30 fps (sync on,video) or even stuttering with vsync disabled and higher fps ( full settings, AA4x,shadows off,road reflection off, fxaa off, sun occlusion off)

hmm nice jayblue. will this work with rfactor too ? when i delete the ini is it setting itself to default after starting game ?

I have seen in GPU meter and MSI afterburner that the GPU speeds up to its fastest clock and slows down again, speeds up , slows down. In Intervals like 30secs from 99% to 55%.. maybe that will help.

any help out there for me ?

Im really disappointed now about my GFX card, rf2, the update, or i dont know.... :(

11. jayblue

jayblue Registered

I don't know with RF2 how it is set up in that regard, maybe try re running the configure sim option from the game launcher? All i wanted to show was that it also has happened in other games and in my case it was not a game specific fault but rather some weird glitch that had a simple "fix"

I think as your card is new you should take some time to test different game settings and card settings to see what works best. Not experience with your card so can't comment on anything particular sorry.

12. perplex

perplex Registered

After some black/bluescreens having trouble starting my pc again. Gpu meter says now my GFX card only uses 324mhz memore core instead of 3005... is it broken now ???? not the best promo rofl

i guess its broken now. idle mode 32 °C... after changing from old to new it was on 41°C and cores were ok...

omg i cant believe it

13. Sentri

Sentri Registered

Looks similar to what happens to some people who had an old MS sidewinder wheel, seems as if the engine is falling out of really time for some reason. Try changing Skip updates="0" to 1 (2 or 3) and see if that helps at all. Maybe cpu throttling (Speedstep or Cool'n'Quiet) might be to blame.

14. perplex

perplex Registered

ok next update here. now i played with gpu meter used overlay.... the memory usage increases after 2 laps for example on lmp to 1800mb / 2000mb and get black screens, fps drops to 20 fps and memory clock decrease to 324mhz like idle mode gpu usage still at 99% at this time.

hey sentri where i find that option skip updates ? is it related to wheel settings ? btw. i dont got a ms sidewinder wheel, g25 here ;) thanks for your help

15. kaptainkremmen

What Power Supply do you have and have you connected the relevant leads?

16. perplex

perplex Registered

yesss thanks johannes... same here but not strange as other mentioned - u got hardcore slowmotion, i hear the wierd sounds too.... man it sucks, i guess it has something to do with newer gfx generations and engine/driver/ what else`?

ok so from now on the real testing begins for me ... not as much fun as racing i believe. bye bye guys on track until problem is solved. good night.

17. MJP

MJP Registered

The 'skip updates' option is for people who get the slomo effect because the game falls out of real time, e.g. when the purple cpu bar (CTRL+C) goes full right.

Your problems sound more like poor performance, what's the rest of your spec and what resolution you running at? GPU clocks and volts shouldn't be changing whilst rF2 (or any graphic intensive program) is running. Having said that my card drops its volts/clocks when a track is loading but that's because there's very little load at that time. As soon as the track loads they jump back up to the highest performance level.

18. perplex

perplex Registered

hmm ok i cant see what power supply i got but i believe its something like 500w (bequiet)? have to ask a friend i get it from him.

specs :

Asus P5Q Deluxe
    Intel Q9650 -3 Ghz
    8gb ram dont know which kind , doesnt look so bad lol.
    SSD HDD as primary where the core files are installed, packages are on a slower hdd...
    g25 ...

resolution 1680x1050
    hmm so you guys think its the power supply ? if its below 500-550W then its obvious that this is the issue ?

19. Sentri

Sentri Registered

It's in the Controller.ini in your rFactor2\UserData\player folder. It's not just for the sidewinder, newer wheels on old drivers can cause the bug to happened, as well has having a low spec PC.

20. kaptainkremmen

Possibly. It depends on the quality of the unit.

Have you tried setting NVidia control panel.......Power Management Mode to 'prefer maximum performance'