rFactor2 Build 125 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Nov 30, 2012.

1. qusimano

qusimano Registered

For me,the game it's already too brown\yellowish as it is now :D
    you can notice by the screen Tim has posted some days ago(brabham at brianza)

2. Syonco

Syonco Registered

Hi.

I've tried all the different sync options, and nothing changes. flush previous frame" set to "1" makes no difference either.

This is doing my head in...

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

Last night i was cursing the Skip Barber, now i cant pull myself away from it. Once you get used to it you realise how amazing it is. :)

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I'm still cursing it... ;-)

5. Twista

Twista Registered

Awesome update. Thanks a lot ISI!

I'm struggling for performance at LRP, I'm guessing it's the amount of trees and grass at the track, still a fantastic circuit!

6. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Worked without a hitch. Thanks ISI :cool:

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I just used your settings after having installed the update and having not played the game for a good few weeks and having updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest beta about a week ago for other games, so i can't put my finger on what it is that did the trick but my fps is now a solid 60 and absolutely smooth as far as i can tell with every gfx setting at max @ 1920x1080 except AA level 3 and no FXAA.

MSI afterburner reading both GPU's working equally (can't remember if this was also true before the update...can someone else with SLI confirm this to be true or not please?) fluctuating anywhere between 50-90% in-game with averages i saw mostly around 75%. This was using 2x GTX 460's.

I don't have the time to test some more right now as i have higher priorities elsewhere atm.

What i can tell you is from memory, when driving out of palm beach in the GP2 at roughly medium/high settings was the only way to get the fps lag/hit/stutter to go when leaving the pits but now back on the Very high settings and no problem. Though i was only 1 car in my quick test, no one else online in GP2 servers.

[edit]: I quickly popped into single player mode, 25 AI GP2 Palm Beach, fps went down to 35fps and MSI afterburning was recording 98% gpu usage on both!. After waiting for roughly 2/3rd's of them to leave the pits my fps went back up to 60fps with drops to 45fps depending on where i was looking around the pits and how quickly i changed my view. I then left the pits and my fps is ofc a solid 60 and pretty smooth (no stutter). I check MSI afterburner and the usage goes down from a consistent 98% average to a 62% average with perfect scaling on both GPU usage. So my guess is that the pits + many cars had a lot more to draw, hence the performance hit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  8. hoover

hoover Registered

I've reduced most of the settings to "high" and turned off road reflections at 4x aniso filtering and am getting a solid +70fps online and offline, sometimes triple digits.

Cheers, Uwe

9. hoover

hoover Registered

Agreed, this car really grows on you and can provide some fantastic close & (mostly ;)) controllable online racing.

10. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

You do not know why does not work HDR in developer mode?

11. nuggetz

nuggetz Registered

Took the skippy out for a test drive on LRP and it seems that it's a bit too loose. Are these physics final? What sort of tires on this thing? Seemed like I couldn't keep it on the road under 40mph. Was expecting something a bit more timid as a trainer. Seems like a BT20 trainer :) Got the hang of it after a while but there's no way I could race online with this thing as it requires full concentration just to keep it on the road.

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Check out the links in the first post. Some great info posted on the sb2000. As for finding races online, it's been out for less than 24 hours. Give it some time. ;)

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I think BT20 is easier to drive. So if you master this little monster, you can drive anything ;) Maybe that's the purpose.

Skippy easily loose the rear when entering turn in high speed (or any speed at all). So you better be ready to countersteer. You don't need to use steering wheel much to turn in, rather for countersteering. The rear is doing the most of the job in the corners... But I'm not going to say too much because I wouldn't say I can handle this little monster...yet!

I find it a bit too loose too, but I'm not going to say too much about it :eek: The tires actually look like regular summer tires for road cars.

14. MJP

MJP Registered

HDR works in devmode for me, are you aware that devmode has its own userdata folder with PLR, controller and config INI files?

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

They are just a regular street, sport tire. Better than a all season tire though I suppose. :p

16. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Im with you Gjon. Waiting patiently as a tester should. You fellas are doing a great job. Tx for the update.:)

17. tjc

tjc Registered

+1 They certainly do. :cool:

18. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

Yes, tnx! It only works if edit the INI. Previously, this was not ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  19. tjc

tjc Registered

If you remember, ISI/Tim started a "Who want`s to be immortal?" thread and asked anybody that wanted to have an AI driver named after them to put their name in the thread and ISI/Tim would pick some for an upcoming series...

The series was the Skippy`s and I`ve now noticed quite a few of the guys from here.

:cool:

Did think the names would have been on the cars though, slight disappointment when I saw they were`nt but cool anyway. :)

20. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Good work!

LRP looks awesome, and the Skip Barber is a nice little beast.

Only problems i noticed are some of the already posted.

- a missing building in Monaco
    - some transparent trees in Spa
    - interchanged Exit Button
    - 1 wrong car in Skipe Barber List

No Problems with graphic or performance. But my FPS are limited to 60 anyway.

btw.: Thanks for my own little Beast ;) (even though i would prefer some of the other blue layouts *smile*)