rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't pay much attention to the views of those guys on inside sim racing anymore. I guess due to their sponsorship by iracing, they are so bloody biased towards Iracing it's not even funny.

Are you kidding me? AC's tyre feeling is just as good as iracing's? First of all I'm sure AC's tyre feeling is better than iracing's, second of all, iracing doesn't even lead the sim-racing market in that category, yet they give the impression that it does.

Iracing events, stats, stickers, shirts, commercials, devoting episodes or parts of them to reviews of their own personal iracing races, game being run in the background when reviewing other stuff (like hardware for example) is 80% of the time iracing, etc.

How things change once money becomes involved eh?? (also applies to all the pcars guys)

Talk to anyone around the world, and you'll notice that they all have their favorites, RFactor 2, Game Stock Car 2012, Netkar Pro, RFactor 1 (Enduracers, DRM, HistorX mods, or something high quality like those), and some maybe even iracing. Yet, you ask any American which is the best, and every single one thinks iracing's physics are. Either, every American thinks iracing is the best, OR, 95% of the people that think its the best happen to be Americans, it's one or the other. All of their general advertising and marketing, their laser this, tyre-model that, real life partnerships/events/sponsorship, iracing tv etc. etc. CLEARLY works, as soooo many of their fans are such crazy loyal fanboys that are so biased against all other sims that may compete, or be better than their precious iracing.

It does some things really good, dont get me wrong, and I like driving it too, but it's just "another good sim" available to us, that's all.

Their CONSTANT work on physics (tyre model, transmission and driveline model, sound engine, overall physics engine, etc) is what really impresses me though, Sometimes the updates make things worse, but just the fact that they are continually updating these technical physics areas of the sim really proves that they are committed to the "sim" part, and not just there to make money.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  2. Domi

Domi Registered

When was the last time you tried iRacing, Spinelli? Their last update was a good step forward, cars like the Ford GT are brilliant.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I have free accounts from promos, I dont think the ford GT is a free car is it?

If it is I'll try it tonight :)

4. Domi

Domi Registered

Well, then you are missing a lot of things :)

The free cars are just average imo, the Cadillac was horrible when I tried it. On the other hand the Mazda is very good, according to the feedback of some real life Mazda driver, who was pretty surprised after the last update. The new McLaren is also very good, and the Ford GT is excellent.

5. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

I feel that all these new sims are pretty good, but some will 'nail' a certain area. Could be tire model physics, GUI, powerful car feel, less powerful car feel, road car, online racing, closed wheel, open wheel etc.

You like a certain style or you don't. Personally I like RF2s Skip Barber and AC's Lotus best, but I enjoy grabbing every horsepower from a smaller engine and really tight intelligent AI racing. I've tried Simbin's new offering, and honestly I think it's just too expensive and too dumbed down for my taste, but some people will like it.

6. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Hmm, time to get my 7th account of iRacing to try the new build for free...i am running out of e-mail accounts :)

7. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

If you have some spare promotional codes, don't hesitate to send me one ;)

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

True, but no other sim on planet earth charges me an extra $15 on top of the base purchase/subscription price of the game, in order to just play with 1 more car lol.

I used to have 1 iracing account over a 3 or so year period, the pricing is completely retarded compared to any other racing game on planet earth.

9. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Regarding that I did not play that much iracing, well, I did give it a go. I must say, the money stacks up pretty quick in that game.

Atleast for me

[​IMG]

And I wasnt even trying to really compete in there, just having a blast and drive some combos I liked and series. Well, hobbies have to cost :)

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Iracing is just sick... First you pay to play the game and then pay for every car/track. I was playing it a few days last summer but I had to quit because I just couldn't buy a new track or car EVERY DAY because every time I went online to play there was no server with the expensive car/track I just purchased day before...lol.

Everytime I want to play online I have to buy something to join a server. And there was not many servers what I remember.

11. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

iracing is the most money I've ever put on a game.

I did have some good times in it though, I liked the centralised bit about it. But could not really settle with the physics, to much skidding/floating at that time.

Anyway, I dont mind spending cash on hobbies like that. But this was not the best invested money really :) should have driven the basic content for longer.

12. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

had just visit their website.. "over 40.000 members"
    dosnt sound much for a good online experience!?

would be interesting how many rf2 users we are at that time

13. Golanv

Golanv Registered

iRacing is the best online racing game for casual and hc racer in terms of events to participate in. They are well organised and all you have to do is to drive, without joining a league or having to worry about random server issues.
    Biggest problem for me is that you just cant take what ever car and go to what ever track you like with your friend and run till cows come home. Getting a server up for yourself costs money, not to mention if you dont happen to have the particular track or car.

I like the racing license system, and the point systems as ideas, they are not perfect tho. When it comes to having more members, which would increase the amount of events and servers, which is the reason it doesnt get more members willing to pay what they ask for using iRacing.
    Catch 22.

14. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Well, I have a customers id that start around 50k+

So there seems to be alot of regged members, but who many is driving weekly/monthly is the interesting part imho.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Whats that?

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

All I ever said is it was WAY too twitchy OUT of corners but was roundly told I was wrong.

Look at prodigy's video and the AC one.

Show me there is any corner exit wheel twitch it is as smooth as could be and unlike the nords video I posted he is going pretty hard ie: squealing tyres.

Just look at the 2 videos if you cant see the difference you blind.

Apology accepted............ p

17. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Customer id that every account gets when registered, you can see your number when you click on "my account", in there you will find it, I am just guessing here, but it logically should be created after every user register, and represent atleast that many up until I registered.

18. ippai

ippai Registered

Tip to everybody trying AC turn off all the apps for the time being untill they are optimised. With no apps on I get an average of 240 fps with just 2 apps on screen I get an average of 144, the more apps u have the bigger the hit with 4 apps I get about 70fps.

With no apps on I starting to feel a bit more fidelity with my ffb.

Apparently this is a crossfire problem due to AMD's drivers they have been made aware of it.

Best to go with 1 card. you also get load of spikes with crossfire as well

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I average 90-100 with my triple screen with only 2 applications!

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Seems that there is a big bug in AC:

hop they fix it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.