[REL] Zolder Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by wgeuze, Nov 23, 2012.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Awesome!

2. philman

philman Registered

Very nice work.

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Was going to do this through Pm towards for Tosch but for the sake of transparency.. ;)

Newer version which I was going to send is delayed a bit, I noticed the first chicane was off in elevation. In short, it's a challenge to get
    it right, which will require going back and forth a bit between max and driving it.

Also, a user over on virtualr posted a very neat video which really shows off some of the hotspots quite well on track in terms of
    surface and what the suspension is doing. So while I'm at it, that will find its way into the track as well.

However, after the chicane is fixed, the stuff from that video is implemented, the public release after that will probably end in locking
    down the surface mesh. After that I probably won't do much anymore on the actual surface unless there are glaring big mistakes. I could
    spend another year on the road mesh and it still wouldn't be as accurate as the iRacing version for example, so I'd rather finish all the rest
    of the stuff which which makes up a track :) (which is a whole lot)

4. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Does anyone know if this version is in the Bit torrent sync folder? I see 2 versions in there already was wondering if this is one of those before I install them.

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

That will be the historic version. This one isn't released yet.

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Indeed, it would surprise me if the alpha was in there.

7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

It is in there :)

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Hmm that is surprising, why anyone would want to drive the 0.1 other than for testing is beyond me :p

Sadly a newer versions is still a while away, I'd like to get more buildings in there to get rid of the 'empty' feel it still has, even
    with the trees in there. Anyway, the glacier crawls on..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

A shout out to VirtualR.net user Blatant Abuse, contact me please, if somebody knows this guy, could you direct him to this topic? :)

Update, the chicane has been fixed, way more camber twisting going on and added more detail in the road surface. Going to continue fixing some uv issues and will send a new test version to the testers next week, you know who you are. Depending on how the track is received, I'll go straight into fixing stuff for a release, meaning adding marshals and fixing the start- and pitlights. Even though it still as much alpha as you can, after a freaking year and a half (amazing how one can waste time), it's night and day with the current 0.1 version..

10. WiX

WiX Registered

Crawling is fine Wgueze. Lovely work. good progress.

11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I know but it sucks, all the fun stuff is waiting haha!

Drop me an email wix, I have a test version lined up for you in half an hour, it will be devmode though!

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Any news ?!:p

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Not the type of news you want to hear sadly :X

I just had one bad ass deadline which required some serious work, so for the past weeks I haven't even started 3dsmax at home (there were 15 hour workdays involved).

The coming two or three weeks will be regular again so hopefully I'll get some work done. After that though, more deadlines, real life's a bitch ;)

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

15. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

hello wgeuze,

can we have some small news?

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It is 3 months without any news:(

17. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I know, sorry about that. Very busy times at work makes me less motivated doing the same stuff at home. I'm keeping at it though. I'll post news when I have it, don't worry.

Work has started on the RTL Club building now, I'm still aiming to do the most work around the pitlane.

edit:
    Wadji, you've seem quite interested for some time but quite critical overall as well. Send me a PM
    if you want a devmode version to try out. If you think it can be released as a singleplayer version I just might
    do so if enough people are waiting on this track (which I don't think is the case though).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
  18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

One of the most anticipated tracks for me. Just to let you know that are many, many others who are waiting for this one but not posting anything. Take your time and release it when you are ready. I really like this track. If only someone put some effort into Phillip Island and with some other circuits it would create a great pack of tracks for GT cars.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh believe me, loads and loads of people are waiting in great anticipation for this track.
    But it is in everyone's interest that you just take your time and work on the track in your own pace.
    Great to hear that the track work is still ongoing though. Can't wait!

A Phillip Island in up to date rF2 quality would be the best thing ever!

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I have it from a good source that there are exactly 57 different loads of people waiting. Now that is a lot of pipple!