[REL] Zolder Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by wgeuze, Nov 23, 2012.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Yes please :)

Speaking of which, I guess the endurance guys also working floodlights later on, added to my to-do list :p

2. WiX

WiX Registered

Great work ... I am getting exited. ( I will send you a link to a new batch of detailed pictures concerning the buildings )

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
  3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I like the passion that I'm seeing in this project:D

4. jrg_carrion94

jrg_carrion94 Registered

Is that Spa? Looks stunning, is there a download link for that anywhere?

Zolder is reaching top level, thanks guys :)

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Came cross Toschs' screens just about everywhere :)

I also read something which wasn't true, I'm not working on the main grandstand and walkbridge at this time, what I'm doing now is very tedious and boring.. However, it
    is something I never do (time restraints) and for once I want to do take the time to do it properly.. What that is? Well.. let's call it syncing up geometry with the textures,
    usually that is something which is easily forgotten or simply skipped altogether.

It's something I want to do as it is quite rewarding, the above piece has it's edges in geometry lined up with the creases between the various concrete wall pieces. The bottom
    one however is just how the wall came out of the loft. You'll notice some of the geometry edges find themselves in the middle or so of a wall piece, that'll give a low poly
    feel to walls just because you won't expect to see a sharp corner in the middle of that piece right there. With the same polycount, maybe slightly more so I can get a higher
    poly feel. I can even freely give each wall piece give it's own set of smoothing groups so specular will be correct for each one as well. This is one of the reasons I started Zolder,
    to have fun experimenting with these sorts of small things and see it work, or sometimes not (main pitbuilding atlas texturing, mehhh).

[​IMG]

Will be on holiday next week, so no progress sadly. Afterwards, work will commence, I'm getting the idea more people are anticipating future releases, nice to read and
    a good motivator :)

edit:
    haha even while typing new screens are being uploaded :p

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I agree.. Very nice work wgeuze, and tosch :)

7. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Says something about your work, doesn't it? :)

Take your time and have fun working on it :)

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Well in all honesty I feel you guys are more enthusiastic at times than I am myself, but that is usually the case with people who make/build stuff,
    we only see the faults ourselves ;)

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Short progress report.

I have deleted the old pit path and created a new one with decreased waypoint distance (3.00 instead of 5.00). As a result there are more connection points which makes the behaviour of the AI in pit lane more predictable and should allow more pit spots. A nice side effect is that the AI cars on the main path are no longer influenced by the cars in the pits.
    There are now 40 garage spots (some behind closed garage doors, no problem because collision is deactivated) and 20 pit spots.
    Added a fast path for Clio and a block path.
    Aligned the first 40 grid positions with track markers (markers for pos 25 and 26 missing).
    Tested with 29 AI cars in devmode and a forced pit stop (7x fuel consumption). Everything works like it should.
    Have to do some more testing but I believe you should raise the turtles a bit.

Maybe you can make a quick "pre alpha test build" before you leave us for your well earned holiday. :D

(Will send you the AIW via PM)

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Cool stuff :)

- to make sure the cars will not get influenced by anything going on in the pitlane I will get you an updated collision mesh on monday hopefully. if you really want to test it on your own terms you can turn on collision for
    Collision_Mesh_Main.gmt
    - I will remove the garage doors for the secondary building when I get to it, I'm not even sure the building as actual garages though, might push that back a bit in terms of priority
    - Turtles right now are about 5cm's high, corresponding with this picture, I might increase them in heigh a bit but not sure if much is needed:
    [​IMG]
    I think it's not smart to rush out something before going on a holiday, it might do more harm than good at this point with the road being not fully connected
    to the grass :)

edit:

Hmm they tend to swap them around a bit judging from this one:
    [​IMG]

edit:
    Cock I messed up that wall. I have it following the terrain now but it should stay flat on the top...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
  11. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Thanks a lot Tosh Just read your post about AI it will help me a LOT with Dijon79.

12. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

SUper workl , William.

I love it :)

13. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Awesome work guys,:)

cheers.

14. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

15. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks!

Every attempt at helping out and improving the track is appreciated. Ill download the photos when I am at home again, Im sure they will serve their purpose one way or the other.

Greetings from London :)

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Stress testing... :p

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What is stress testing?!

18. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Does this mean that a new version is comming soon??

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I forced 40 AI cars to do a pit stop at the same Lap (7x fuel consumption). It is a test for a possible endurance layout (40 garage locations, 40 pit spots) to figure out what problems may occur with that much traffic in the pit lane. btw this is an optimized version of the AIW file. The first try was pure havoc. :D

20. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Not necessarily, I'm just working towards something which could work online on a technical level. We are still struggling getting
    the camera's to work on my end and I don't have a lot of time this week.

The items which are on my to do list for a next version are these:

- Fix 1st chicane left hand side exit kink
    - Check (and fix?) 1st and 2nd chicane kerb width (reported earlier but seems okay, just want to make sure it is correct)
    - Place marshalls
    - fix kerb edges painted tarnac
    - first chicane drains
    - check wall and guardrail placement 2nd chicane
    - fix wall bij 2nd chicane (straight top)
    - Berghoff building bricks_white normal map inverted?

Before I get to those though I still haven't finished those damn walls, I need more reference for certain parts such as the tirestack at chicane number 2
    and the part where you drive over the road which leads to the parking lots and paddock. All in all still lots of work before I am pleased.. However, I understand
    the current singleplayer build is very very minimal and it's a big change in look and feel with the current dev version. I'm not going to rush anything so I wouldn't
    expect an update soon. If you really, really insist on getting some rubber down you can always get a devmode version but it's always the question of how broken
    that is going to be :p

@Tosch
    nice video, looks busy!
    Sadly, cams v4 file still crashes rF2 :( Really no clue!
    The last entry in trace.txt is:
    camera.cpp 5439: Entered CamMan::Init()

but it doesn't state what is going wrong, as soon as I remove the cam file, the track loads just as it should. When I create a cam file myself with just 1 cam in it, it loads fine as well.

@Tosch2
    That is weird, the test version you built with one static cam does work, what the heck!
    Hmm, it did only once..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014