[REL] Zolder Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by wgeuze, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Wgeuze have you never seen iracing scanned version? Your track seems to completely different to the real one. 2nd chicane is missing and didnt notice that bumpy curb.

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Magzire, are you sure you are running my track? I'm hoping you aren't confusing some conversion with my scratch built track ;)

In any event, when supplying feedback, explain yourself a bit, 'completely different to the real one', well
    that isn't very useful if you leave it at that. If you are indeed driving my track, some screenshots might be great in order to see
    what we're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
  3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

wgeuze thats what video is for. If you look at the video at 0:52 to 0:56 there is a 2nd chicane that is not in your version of the track. Also it seems to me the version in the video is very open and wide (not talking about the width road but the general width).
    Also the last chicane (from 1:22 to 1:26) is a lot slower in the video compared to your version.
    I guess your version is based on old data, while the iRacing version is more current. Would be interesting to know what year each is based on.

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

This is a picture from the first post in this topic, it's literally taken from the first evening of development. So again,
    I'm wondering which track you are talking about here?

[​IMG]

And no, I think saying it's completely different and posting a video doesn't cut it. Just your little sentence about a slower last chicane is already
    more helpful.

Here is the most recent version of the chicane in question, it's been in there from the start:
    [​IMG]

So I don't know, can you check where you got your files and what versions they are? What version does
    it say in the changelog ? (If it says 0.95 or something, it's not mine)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
  5. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Ok wgeuze this should be your next track.

6. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Never mind...it is as I guessed. Thats an old version from 1979 - so not from you, sorry for the confusion. Still would like to know what year is yours based on?

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Good, I figured as much, but still a bit frustrating to get this type of feedback which is based on a completely different track ;)

It's based on this year, and/or the year which shows up on bing maps :)

8. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Just the dimensions of the tracks width and corner apexs is a bit different from what i'm used to. Sorry if offended you.

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

None taken.

If there are areas which are different than what you are used to then screenshots of problem areas in both versions, mine and iRacings' would be great to have. If I don't
    know what is wrong, I really can't fix it. A video driving the track alone just doesn't cut it if you need to figure out the apex needs to be changed one way or the
    other, or a corner radius is off by a degree or two. This stuff works both ways, the clearer you make you point the quicker it can be fixed. The more time I spend working
    on the track the less small things will be evident as I'm getting used to how it drives. The latter is also very 'dangerous' when testing products btw :p

Giving feedback works both ways and throughout the forums, both cars and tracks I see very little of the opportunity to do so being used. I expected more from the
    people who complain about quality really. When there is the chance to help improve quality most of them stay silent, but when there is the chance to bash everyone joins
    in :p It just would be nice if they were just as vocal in their feedback as in complaining. Feedback is what this section is great for, (ab)use that! (Nordschleife Tourist thread
    is luckily an exception :) )

But, again, please check that you are driving my track. Anything else will make everything you point out obsolete, obviously!

10. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Hi mate, are you planning on releasing a newer version any time soon?

11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Not really, there isn't enough progress to warrant a new public release sadly. When the terrain and temporary trees, bridges and marshall cabins are in place I think that the feel is altered in
    a big way and that should be enough for a new release.

As always though, if you are dead set on having the latest dev mode version, it's available for testing if you want to.

12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yeah, sure, I will give it a look.

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

K, I can get you a version this evening if that is okay. I'll try and meddle with the road noise a bit beforehand to try and get rid of the floaty feeling some cars have on it.

14. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Take your time, no rush my good man. Just showing a bit of interest. Looking forward to the first version with a bit of scenery.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Me too. :)

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

@wgeuze

I saw you mention this project in another thread. Any progress to report?

17. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I have had a very very busy time at work at the end of last year so during that time I didn't do much because of the deadlines and overtime.. One colleague of mine even pulled an all-nighter..

This year I plan on finishing the track cause it is about time, I'm working on the pitlane buildings now and the rough terrain has been added.
    When the pitbuildings are done I'll do something about the road surface. At this time it is simply too smooth and that shouldn't be the case. Adding bumps simply for the sake of
    it is something I'd rather not do so adding them will require some back and forth between 3dsmax, reference and testing. Especially for this stage, community feedback is much appreciated.

This is the building I'm working on now, quite fun actually :)
    [​IMG]

Bottom line, I'm going as fast as I can with a full time job while keeping myself motivated :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  18. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

That building looks excellent.

Take your time but please keep us posted!

19. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I'll try but not everything is worth posting, I think most people are waiting on the final track surface rather than some buildings.

Started texturing, only ambient occlusion going on here :)
    [​IMG]

Have to admit, the wooden bits on top of the building which you hardly see, are the most interesting
    texture wise :X Ah well...

20. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Nice to see you back. Top job on those building.