Multiple Qualify Sessions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jim Beam, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

tried this last night on our server and it doesnt work as expected ...basically it split the room into 3 groups and let each group do 1 session out of the 3 which isnt good for any type of qualifying that i can immediatley think of.

when/is this going to be setup so you can do knockout style qualifying?

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Its been there for a couple of builds but as you say its a bit funky, no idea when it'll get improved upon.
    Would be good if they could add as many qually scenarios as possible, needed in the wish list forum but whilst I'm here:

F1 Knockout style
    V8Supercars knockout and Top Ten Shootout
    Single session where best time is grid position for Race 1, 2nd best time grid position for Race 2, 3rd best time....etc
    Split sessions for different classes

The more options in general for more practice sessions (its in the PLR but not tried it yet) per weekend, following scenario example:
    Practice 1
    Qualify 1
    Race 1
    Practice 2
    Qualify 2
    Race 2
    so you can have multiple races across a "weekend" kind of thing, just like most series in the world!

Thats what I'm hoping for anyway, but my dreams are hard to make reality :p

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

the plr settings only allow it to run in order.. i.e. p1,2,Q1,2,R1,R2

id be happy just having the multiple qual sessions that are "all in" then as a league we could make rules as to who gets knocked out in each session

the way it is atm is pointless for anything... so our only workaround would be to do it the same as we did in rF1 which is use p3,4 as pretend qual sessions then go to qualify proper for the top 10...and that blows lol

4. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You can do this scenario very easily without changing the PLR - just run the same track twice in a row. Other scenarios are not doable for now but some improvements are still to come (not sure exactly which ones).

5. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

yer right..just another 1/2 baked piece of carp to add to the list then :confused:

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah ok bad example, BTCC style would be more appropriate:

Practice 1
    Qually 1
    Practice 2
    Race 1
    Race 2
    Race 3

anyway mixing around the sessions is what I'm getting at, making more use of a "Race Weekend" scenario.

8. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

half baked ........it's a piece of dough on the bench
    rf2 can't simulate modern day motorsport other than car,track and weather to a point
    if you can't imitate something you can't simulate it
    ask your selfs can i imitate my favorite motorsport or pretty much any modern day motorsport with rf2
    the answer you come up with is
    no i can't
    whether its knockout style qualifying or tyre management the list goes on
    as you all know these things are a big part of modern day motor sport to the point they can decide the winner of the race

9. Radar

Radar Registered

Thanks Jim for testing this, I never got a chance to try it and I have to agree. A half baked or even some dough on the beach idea on the Quals. Sure, this would work for multi category cars (ILMS Series etc) but not for something like Formula 1, V8 Supercars or any other motorsports where more than 1 Qualifying sessions are used..

I hope this is given some more consideration when the product goes gold, as one of their updates.

10. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Although I agree with the sentiments of prac/qual session configurations, if tyre management is not going to be addressed then I wouldn't hold my breath on this.

11. Rubbishfactor

Rubbishfactor Banned

why even have multiple session
    you can edit the track gbd so each practice session starts at different times and have different lengths
    but you can't mix them up
    and the biggest point to having multiple sessions would be to have different weather and track scenarios but all sessions are the same as the first
    its pointless

12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Hopefully they will stop working on content and start working on the game base...afterall the beta is for "modders"