One more new shader please!

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by KittX, Nov 10, 2012.

1. KittX

KittX Registered

Hi there, I'm requesting one more shader for track makers to choose from.
    Something like SRPL tree shader for rF1. The same type of shader is being used by SMS in their titles and even in MX Simulator.

The problem with current sun occlusion/shadow casting on trees is that it all works if the trees are complicated objects. On simplier X-splined trees its working like shadow from one flat edge is casting to another flat edge. Or also, with sun occlusion the whole tree texture becomes very bright and unrealistic.

I suggest a shader which lightens up/shades some part of texture, depending on the position of sun.
    Especially in the edges of tree texture.
    or even like in SRPL shader, where modders can draw texture with lightened up parts by themselves, and the density of that texture is being controlled by sun position again.

I hope you understand my english.

Cheers!

2. BULIT

BULIT Registered

Yes absolutely agree. Specular,bump, etc its good but normal map seting we need to.. because this really create perfect graphics. If you want to do more good shaders. People are resourceful, I think that anyone can make plug-in. When you create mode (in develop), you can select the RFM mode where your search folder with shaders (as rf1). But when mod pack, RFM your settings will be deleted and takes the same shaders of the main components (core). I think people need more options (shaders) to the component where to unpack. This could support people in creating their own.