Slowmotion Bug

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Koellefornia, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Registered

Hi guys ... i'm still messin' arounf with this stupid bug.
    When i try to do a race everything is in slowmo.

I have this problems since i got rF2.
    I had it on Win7 and now i'm using WinXP and nothing changed.

I never could play a lap in rF2 since January.
    I've disabled replays as said in other Thead and change the "skip update" parameter in the controller.ini.

I'm using the latest build v1.118 with a totally clean install.

CPU is about 28% (24% used by rF2), RAM used by rF2 around 700MB (3GB installed) and Framerate are between 80 and 120fps.

I'm on 3840x1280 resolution. Check my PC specs in my profile.

Anybody an idea?

Greets K

2. MJP

MJP Registered

What stands out for me is 3GB RAM with a 2GB vid card, rF2 only using 700MB is an indicator too. Any reason you changed from W7 to XP or was it just to see if XP gave same problem? IMHO you need more system RAM (4GB+), W7 64bit wouldn't hurt either.

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Did you try single screen, disable MultiView, or try to run the game in windowed mode?

4. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Registered

Cheers Guys ... in windowed mode the game runs in offline modus. Online it's the same like before.
    What's the differences between windowed and normal mode? And beween online and offline racing?

5. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Registered

i tried it a secons time. Now it's not running in offline ,odus as well.

I figured out when i configure sim to windowed mode before staring the game it runs fine.
    But when i change track, car or server it back in the slowmotion bug.
    1 time i could get it running on a empty server in online lobby too.

When i use multiview the cockpit looks false, the right monitor angle is into the wrong direction. I have no idea how to fix it.
    But i think that's no the problem or is it recommend to use this feature?

6. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Registered

This is how i configured it.
    Unbenannt.JPG

7. dickolsson

dickolsson Registered

I think I'm having the same "slowmotion" bug on my system.

The error is not constant for me. It only happens once in a while, maybe once every second lap or so. Game is running smooth otherwise and my system doesn't seem to stressed (although I should check/collect some data regarding this).

I've only tested rf2 for a day or so, in race mode. It happens on all tracks, quite often during braking down to first corner (with 10-or-so cars around me). But it also happens when I'm driving by myself on the track (AI is either far ahead or behind).

The "slowmotion" doesn't seem to affect the AI's around me because they constantly bump me off the track when the slowmotion happens to me.
    My average fps is around 55-60 (on medium graphics) and it stays around the normal fps when the "slowmotion" happens.

My specs are:

Model: Lenovo Thinkpad T420s (laptop)
    Windows 7 64bit
    RAM: 8GB
    Video: nVidia NVS 4200M (1GB dedicated video memory)
    Display: single laptop display
    HDD: SSD
    Edit: Controller: Keyboard

Edit: I'll try to see if I can capture the bug in a video recording or something

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
  8. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Registered

AW: Slowmotion Bug

Which gaming device do you use?
    Are other games running fine?

I have this problem only in rF2.
    rF1, iRacing.com, SimBin Games (incl. the new race room beta) and Project Cars are running for me.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Sensation Z710e mit Tapatalk 2

9. dickolsson

dickolsson Registered

I'm actually using keyboard at the moment, just to try out the game performance etc. Haven't had time to get serious by dusting off my old Logitech MOMO yet ;)

10. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

This is interesting phenomena. I think I am experiencing this once in a while as well, mostly with our own mod. It happens usually in race start, car that I drive doesn't respond quickly and is driving like in jello. Odd enough, FPS is very good at all times. AI cars seem to lag and jump around like it would be a online race with bad connection. Situation gets better when I don't have many AI cars nearby.

Immediately if I press to "i" to activate AI control everything starts to run normal. And then if I re-take the controls it goes back to jello. So it can't be about graphics performance issue. I think this problem has happened only with the newest build, but I am not completely sure.

11. dickolsson

dickolsson Registered

Sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing as well.

12. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Sounds like an input controller problem. I remember that some user had problems (don't remember what was the exact problem) but he fixed it with replacing his keyboard. Or at least try to plug it into another port (if it is USB).

13. dickolsson

dickolsson Registered

I'm using the integrated keyboard on my laptop. I might try with an external USB keyboard in different ports to test that theory.

14. canastos

canastos Registered

It can be related not exactly with keyboard (I mean integrated keyboard shouldn't be the problem), but with any usb device; I had myself this same issue, and solved it. The fact is that I need more usb ports than 4 availabe on my laptop, so I'm using an usb hub, but one day, I decided to rearrange all this usb nightmare, and bought a larger hub and plugged in it as much devices as I could. Almost everything worked fine (not usb disk or stick), but noticed that my steering wheel suffered sudden restarts if I plugged it to the same port I used to; solved this plugging to another port wich was empty now; the second synthom was my printer doing weird things, not printing even a single page, and, didn't realize it at the begining, in game stuttering was there, even slowmotion when there was more cars on track.
    Just unplugged this new usb hub, plugged the smaller old one, and everything works fine again.

If you are not using usb hub, check whatever is connected to usb ports, but is there is some hub (wich would be easy, as your system has got only 3 ports), that would be first thing to check for me

byyyyyyyyyyye

15. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Registered

AW: Slowmotion Bug

Does no official ISI guy have an idea how to solve our problems?

16. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi guys,

Would like to put in my 2 cents.

I've had the slomotion problem since the beginning and through all builds. The conditions are a little different from what i've read here, but it are definitely a slomos. These occur at almost steady intervals of about 1 min, but only after having visited the pits for the first time, and i thinks thats a remarkable. What happens then, is already described here before. The fps remain steady, but the car moves in slomo, getting past by other cars that are also driving full throttle. These slomos last about 5/10 seconds, and during those the GPU bar is filled completely.
    Since the first build I´ve tried every possible driver and gfx setup combination, more than once on a fully fresh, formatted system, all in vain. I´ve posted on this topic before during build 85, when I took some screens of the windows performance viewer, where it became evident that core nr.5 was fully loaded during these slomos. I redid this for this build as you can see on the screens below. I also checked of any processes(incl. possible hidden ones) that might produce an overkill of CPU load during these slomos, but there were absolutely none. Next to rf2 running, the second highest CPU load mostly came from interrupts at an average of 0,7%. Maybe needless to say, but this problem also occurs with every possible car/track combo, ISI or mods.

Here some pics of running a FISI at Portugal, showing firstly 1. a normal situation, 2. a slomo-phase, and 3. the aftermath, showing the spike in CPU load of the nr.5 core. What do you guys think?

View attachment 4835

View attachment 4836

17. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

18. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

19. MJP

MJP Registered

@Rony

I notice that on the slomo pic your cpu speed has dropped, is it the slomo causing the cpu speed drop or the cpu speed drop causing the slomo? I'm not too up on the latest AMD processors but have you tried disabling any cpu power managing features or whatever is the AMD equivalent of SpeedStep?

20. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

@MJP

Cant think of the AMD equivalents name just now, but there is this feature available in the bios, which always has been disabled. I did before try an afterburner, which didnt have any influence on the result, and is currently not installed.