Tutorial to convert tracks from rFactor to rFactor2 with 3dsimed

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by SPASKIS, Nov 9, 2012.

1. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

ok I managed to get it working in Dev mode.
    Now I wanted to try to implement the real road, but the program shows me the track in this way, is there any option to see well?, Or I do something wrong?

[​IMG]

Thx For Help

Babs

2. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

I think it is missing some texture

3. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

but not sufficient to import the file scn, maybe she needs to be with all files of the track?

Babs

4. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Make sure paths are correct in the .scn

for example:

View attachment 5182

5. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

ok Vicent i Try tomorrow,today my Brain is gone

Babs;)

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

barabba, You need to place all the textures in a folder which is referenced at the top of the scn file. Othrwise rf2 dev mode can't find them. This is no necessary for normal mode since all the files are within mas files in a flat hierarchy. If you have problems send me a pm and we can talk in ts.

7. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

the problem I have with the brianza when I want to add the real road to another circuit, I take brianza scn file, and upload it to me this way.
    I have to transport Brianza, in the locations of the Dev mod, and make it as the circuits to be converted?
    I run up to the circuit to be converted into Dev mode Mode I succeeded, the problem now be to implement the real road.

Babs

8. Andy_RF2

Andy_RF2 Registered

@ ~IsR~Barabba

Here's what I did.
    Open Windows Explorer and Go to, C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\Locations\Brianza1966 and make a new folder called TEMP (or similar). Then just use MAS2.exe to extract ALL the Brianza MAS files into the temp folder you just made. Then simply open the BRIANZA1966.SCN file with 3dSimed from this temp folder. 3dSimed will then load Brianza 1966 with all textures normaly and you can work on it from there. Just leave the temp folder where it is so you can use it for any other tracks in future as it has no effect on the game at all.

Hope this is what you meant and that it helps?

Regards,

Andy_RF2 :)

1 person likes this.
  9. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

thanks I'll try and I'll let you know if it works, but I think it will work for sure.

Babs

10. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I confirm that this way works perfectly.
    thank you very much Andy.

Babs:)

11. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I was able to do anything, say almost anything.
    The real road works well only thing yellow or edges of the track,also wire mesh side dish seem to be missing.
    If anyone has an idea, I would be very happy

Video Problem Yellow

12. Andy_RF2

Andy_RF2 Registered

@ ~IsR~Barabba RE: Yellow objects etc

See this thread I started for a "possible" answer to this problem

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9191-Real-Road-Problem

This happens because there is some "terrain" and other parts attatched to the track segments and these parts end up with RealRoad features too. If you convert tracks made with say BTB or any that have track segments without anything attatched to them, this problem does not happen and RealRoad works perfectly. In my own experiance, there are a lot of tracks that have extra terrain parts attatched and some parts seem to end up yellow/green no matter how many times I follow the instructions at the end of that thread I have directed you to. You will need 3dSimed 3.0 at the very least to do these things quickly and easily. Hope this helps.

Andy_RF2 :)

13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Dear Barabba your problem is that you need to separate the road sides from the tarmac road. The road would be a racesurface (with deform=true tag) and the sidepanel a normal terrain element. The same thing happened to me when the track was exported with multiple material cross section roads. To split an object into two objects what I do is the following (3dsimed):

1. Isolate the road gmt with 3dsimed.
    2. Hide road material
    3. In the edit menu. Select-All faces-delete.
    4. Export the object as racesurface_XX.gmt
    5. Isolate the same object again (from the main scene).
    6. Hide the remaining material(s). In case of different materials in both sides, they can be exported into the same gmt.
    7. In the edit menu. Select-All faces-delete.
    8. Export the object as XX.gmt (no racesurface this time)
    9. Repeat this with all the road elements having this multiple material problem. Two parallel road lanes in a cross section (pitlane for example) may be kept in the same gmt.
    10. Go to the main scene. Delete all road elements.
    11. Export the scene into the same folder you exported the road and side elements.
    12. Open the new_output.scn (the textures are already there if using the main folder. If not export textures from into the "testing" folder)
    13. Add road and side objects one by one (from the primitives menu)
    14. Review driveable and collide tags for all elements since they appear resetted to false (typical error is to forget this. See pocoyo park thread)
    15. Export the scene.
    16. Edit the final scn to include the new elements as you have done up to now. Deform tag in racesurface...

I hope it helps you and others as well. This procedure is a pain in the butt when there are lots of road elemnts with the problem. When converting circuits is not so bad since you just need to do it once. However, when working on a new track (especially BTB users that cannot control in how many gmts a cross section is exported. I don't know 3dmax) be careful when exporting the circuit from your design tool not to overwrite the previous gmts when no changes have been intruduced to the road. I always save those files into a separate backup folder, the same as for the textures when modifying originals after exporting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

thanks Spaskis, tomorrow morning I try to do in this system.
    Thanks for your help.

15. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

[​IMG]

Thanks Spaskis are successful and seems to be perfect, surely these examples will help others to solve the problem, it takes some time to isolate all the details, but once you understand the operation proceed fast enough.

Babs:D

16. Onell77

Onell77 Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS1WS67nMLA

Have the same Problem with Yellow objects.Mein english is not so good. could you make a video tutorial of it. Just as in your first tutorial

Translated with google

17. Ash74

Ash74 Registered

A big thanks Spaskis for your tutorial and knowledge it has been a big help to me in making my first conversion ive just started a project of converting Northamptonshire British GP from rf1 to rf2. This forum has helped me to learn alot about modding and i would like to thank Spaskis and everyone out there that helps others in the sim community to learn.

Cheers Ash74

18. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I am converting Essington, Orchard Lake, so I say do not do double work.
    Now I want to know how to insert the grid and for the moment I do not see it, and add the marshals.
    Thanks to all the guys that explain the work to convert the tracks.
    I'm doing this for the first time.

Babs;)

19. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Grid-, pit- and garagespots can be done with dev mode AIW editor. You probably can use rF1 AIW file as a starting point, but you need (at least..) re-save it with rF2 dev mode.

I'm not sure, if you can import cornerworker 3ds max model (model, bones and anm - file) with 3dsimed. You can always use static model though...

Cheers!

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Have you tried first? which step is unclear for you?

Understand that I cannot make a tutorial of everything I get asked. I am sorry about your English problem but I think that if you are having problems with a step by step list you will have lots of problems in the future. If you cannot solve the problem of getting something translated into german you gill have lots of problems to find information about other topics. You will not get a video tutorial everytime you have a doubt. I am sorry if I disappointed you but thats how I see it. You need to be a little independent otherwise you will get definitely stuck sooner or later