SimRacingWorld Poll - Which is better: Project CARS or rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3lfk1ng, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng Registered

1 person likes this.
  2. Bouillabaise

Bouillabaise Registered

What the ...
    ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY COMPARE BOTH

3. JGraf

JGraf Registered

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Well, that site users have voted AC to be 8.4 good and certainly none of them has it yet, so I don't know how much you really can't put weight of any polls on there.

Probably lot of kids voting based on what looks most pretty as they have not yet developed understanding of how inner stuff is more important than what is on surface.

But then again it does show what majority likes and what majority is, luckily not every developer is aiming for majority as if if they were, we would have only pretty picture shows with flashing lights and stuff.

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Jessica is from that show. I think they miss the point with that comparosion.
    Should be ACxrFactor2 but only when they release something playble. Me and my g27 can do nothing with only few jpg files on sites.

7. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Which is better? Half Life 3 or Doom2???

8. Miro

Miro Registered

One night stand or love ? ;)

9. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

One night stand with pCars. Sexy, but ultimately vacuous.

1 person likes this.
  10. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

That poll DOES, however, make it very obvious that ISI need to get more productive with their updates. Shortly, I will have been a rF2 beta tester for 12 MONTHS........patience is surely a virtue, but ISI are at risk of simply being left behind by being too slow. It is obvious that droves of people are going to pCars and looking forward to AC.

It is becoming pretty simple. The quicker rF2 can get its updates out and start seriously rolling forward, the more successful it will be. Every day now, the competition are ramping it up. I have faith in ISI's coding and development model - but I can now see the real possibility of time being their ultimate Achilles Heel....

Don't get me wrong - there is still time...just not infinite time.

11. Which is better? A fat dude or a juicy blonde? ;)

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Im gona have to go with p-cars for sure, yep defo p-cars for me, its the best ARCADE game around lmfao. Move on next case.

13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

When your kick ass turbo street machine is having traction issue on rollers during dyno day, fat dude certainly has value of his weight...

14. BasJon

BasJon Registered

As others have said they dont compare as PCars is not a sim I was so gutted when they released the multiplayer to find how terrible it is, so I will give my game to my 7 year old daughter to have fun with while I wait for gold release of this sim :D

15. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

:D this is funny.
    i wonder if any of the voters has played the two games back to back...once you touched RF2 you almost have to puke while playing pCars...the FFB and physics are just that bad!

16. jomardi

jomardi Registered

17. 3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng Registered

I totally understand the sarcasm in this thread. Please keep in mind that I did not create this poll, I was just sharing it with our community.

18. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

We're in 2012 and I honestly expect AT LEAST both from a modern racing title! Besides physx: there is the GUI, GFX itself, online racing, "online match making system", ranking system, the handling of mods, treating your customers, automatic downloads, etc....

Currently it seems that RF2 is mainly concentrating on physx... and this is not sufficient in my eyes. There is no ranking system planed, there is no way to join automatically a game with racers with +/- the same skill level...

Of course there will be some of you that cry out it's beta and in "constant developement", blabla... and that they don't need or want these features... Fine, don't use them but what would be the issue of providing them to other users?

Don't you think that the more people use RF2 the better it will get? I think that any fan of RF2 has an interested to see this title become commercially successfull. It will allow ISI to continue developement of this title and it will motivate modders to make nice mods...

Hence I don't understand people in this forums crying out that they don't want this or that feature to be added to RF2. You're shouting out: "It's a SIM and not arcade"... OK, so why can I turn on steerting help or ABS on a 1960s car?
    Implemented features could simply be disabled by RF2 users wanting to do so... as it's the case for the driving aids.

Pcars is actually working on all sides, even though physx and ffb is far behind rf2 at the moment, they are progressing and from week to week the physx and the FFB are getting better. Not sure if pcars wants to play in the RF2 league (in terms of realism) but other have announced it...

So far, there has not been lots of competition in the high-end simulation market... luckily this is about to change.

Personnally I even think that ISI is anyway not concentrating on developping rf2 as a stand-alone game. I believe they concentrate on building an engine that will be licenced and used in other titles. (like they did with rf1 in the last years > Race, GS2012 etc...). This would explain many things: ie GFX, lack of ranking system, lack of information towards modders etc...
    If RF2 becomes too "Modders friendly" (free content), ISI won't be able to sell lot's of licencing of the engine.

Otherwise I can't understand ISIs attitude in this forum...

Cheers

19. Jux

Jux Registered

WRC3.

20. osella

osella Registered

*sigh* sometimes I think that whole site is a joke, not only for its ridiculous polls..

Although at the moment pCars is definitely more fun for me (its not even in beta phase and it already has more cars & tracks than most sims had in final version), I wouldn't vote for it, too early to make comparisons like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.