Since Build118 I have Matchmaker problems retrieving games list!?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Kaine, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Kaine

Kaine Registered

Does anybody have the same problems with getting online lists in matchmaker?
    Seems since B118 there is most of the time no games available when I enter matchmaker.
    It lasts already very long to get in online sessions the first time.
    But mostly nothing is found. Sometimes after hit and wait update the list appears
    Removed the whole game (cleane up everything ) and installed completely new.
    Same problem!
    Matchmaker lists are available if I have a look via Browser
    Regards Kai

2. Revan

Revan Registered

Yes, have that problem too. Even a clean install with build 118 didn`t help. I have all the time "Could not connect to matchmaker" on the dedicated server app.

3. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Same here.

After some more tries i got this.

Assertion failed.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
  4. Spiel

Spiel Registered

same here, also the "assertion failed" error.
    can't get any server list at the moment.

Can anybody help with this topic?

5. elbo

elbo Registered

Same here, plus when I do get onto servers the lag is just horrible...tried joining a server in Rf1 to see if it was my connection and all seemed fine.

6. dedex

dedex Registered

same here

7. Edgar Steffens

Edgar Steffens Registered

same here

8. crz

crz Registered

same here and i cant find any servers in rf1 too since this problem appeared

9. Iker Doral

Iker Doral Registered

yesterday I did a fresh install of build 101, then updated to 118 and I could play normally. But today logging is slow again, and server list is empty.

10. crz

crz Registered

A statement from ISI would be nice if they know about the issue and why it affects rf1 as well. I was able to join the rf1 chat lobby at one point and there were some people complaining too. Im not sure if it started with build 118 as i had no problems just after the update. I just know it was starting at the beginning of last week.

11. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hmm I wonder , are any of you guys in the US ? Im in US. I have had 0 problums everything has been workin fine (with the exception of a router IP prob that was user error lol) I see alot of servers up and can join and race and hosted a few of my own races all weeked and have not lost connection .. I wonder if its a deeper issue ??, not the ISI code or server more like somthing to do with www ??? I can only see a few of you have your natonality posted with your sig but the ones I do see are across the watter ..
    just an idea ???

12. crz

crz Registered

Im from Germany. I have had no network related problems in the last time and it happens just with rf1 and rf2, so i think its not a general problem.

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I believe you are right. If i ping the matchmaker (69.64.92.15) from germany i get 50% timeouts.

Pingmatchmaker.JPG

14. kro388th

kro388th Registered

So maybe not a WWW issue but somthing on the US side where the server is located ? or your side having probs accessing the US server ..??

crz' says no network probs but how much time is spent looking at US based/hosted sites ? I would think you stay on german/euro sites with the proper language translation ,better pings ect.???

I have again been raceing today in the IsR server ,I belive its located an ITA server ? mostly all ITA and spain, nobody was having any probs .. but dont know wher his server is lol , I get good in game pings on it from US tho ..

verry strange this issue, I hope it sorts out for you soon !!

15. crz

crz Registered

I just wanted to replicate the ping timeouts but to see where the connection fails traceroute is the better tool. If a ping gets a timeout you never know which hop is the cause, so it could be your home router having a faulty interface, a sea cable beeing slowly eaten by a hungry whale or someone pulled the plug at the far end. Traceroute shows you which hops are in between you and your destination and which one isnt responding to pings.

Anyway, i tried it a few minutes ago and all traceroutes got through. Then i started rf2 and i was able to login immediately, also rf1 matchmaker was working again. :cool: Several attempts later i still get no error.

Would be nice to know if ISI has done something or if the cause is still unknown. I dont think it was a general problem with accessing US hosted servers as i visit US hosted sites on a daily basis.

I hope it will stay like that when i get back from work tomorrow because now i really have to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
  16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Can confirm, problem is fixed. Login is much faster now and matchmaker shows the list of all servers.

Tracertmatchmaker.JPG

17. Kaine

Kaine Registered

Thanks mates for answering. Just tested , everything is fine here as well. Got stable 200 ms ping

18. Edgar Steffens

Edgar Steffens Registered

Thanks to who fixed it !
    Everything went well today and I could take part in a exciting race with the 60s at Monza.