Alpha Reflect doesn't seem to be working.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Tim Bennett, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

I've been messing with alpha reflect for days, it's been a few months since i put anything into rf2.

I started browsing the forums and found a few others that couldn't get greyscale relfect to work either. No matter how i export the game does not read the alpha channel for my cube map reflect.

Is this a known issue or am i doing something wrong? I just downloaded the new simed and it shows my alpha reflect perfectly, but in game on track and in spinner it's just flat.

2. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

Tell me exactly which shader you are having trouble with? The rF2 shaders are different from rF1, and I'm pretty sure simed is not using rF2 shaders for it's own rendering.

3. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

Bump Cube Specular Map Add Alpha Reflect T1 lerp T2 Vertex for WCCARBODY. I've been fighting with mine, so i tried an rtrainer, made the rtrainer completely white on alpha, no change. I haven't been able to get the alpha reflect to work on my rims either with Bump/Cube/Specular Add Alpha Reflect T1.

Maybe I have a bad install? My settings are maxed, HDR and Occlusion on.

4. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

Joe, i had a bad install for the overall alpha reflect not working.

But it's extremely weak on the WCCARBODY, i have a light grey skull with white alpha to appear chrome, and the cube is barely noticeable on it, even at 100% blend and white alpha. On darker colors it seems to work just fine.