Salem Valley by SPASKIS

Discussion in 'Locations' started by SPASKIS, Oct 30, 2012.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

This is challenging track, suits nicely for slower cars imo.

I noticed that reflections aren't working here (tested with third party mod car, porsche). Known problem?

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I still have not figured out how to make reflections work. SORRY FOR THAT. When I learn I will implement it to all my tracks.

enviado mediante tapatalk

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

OP requested a post update via email. 1.3 edited into first post.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Cool thanks for updating. :)

5. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks Tim for acceptance and management of the update of first post with the updated track version (what a sentence, did you feel that's not my native language ;)) :)

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

bump for another great track added to launcher remote download. this fictional track has excellent flow and an astute sculpting of cambers and elevation changes to keep your car on the limit throughout the entire lap while still being able to move through all the gears. a true work of art.

fyi - looks like minor AA transparency issues with trees to the left of starting line

7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

This was my first released track for rF1 so it is quite special for me. Seeing how it has progressed through time is a pretty good reflection of my modding skills although having to work in such and old project has some important limitations wrt final result compared with Gotham Hills for example.

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Makes sense.

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Another attempt without being distracted but house wasn't empty so there is the undercurrent of distraction from the potential for distraction :p

Ran out of gas this time :p

Fastest lap (2:33.491 on lap 3) less than a tenth slower than AI (100% strength) fastest lap achieved on lap 5 with more rubber.

Best position (7th ; starting from 20th) was after lap 3 but then got rear-ended by AI (not entirely his fault) and fell all the way to the back and failed to recover any places.

I am faster now than when I was driving this track long ago so can now observe several turns AI are taking too slow so any investment there by you or others with permission would be a great investment as I cannot think of a single track that is a better driving experience than this.

10. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

This track has a fantastic layout but yeah, the AI are slow in places, particularly the chicane right before the S/F line.

11. Jeffro503

Jeffro503 Registered

I love this track! Flows awesome and is great fun. Had to turn the Ai up to about 110% though. I can deal with that , as this track is just pure fun. Thanks to you guys that made it!

12. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

You are welcome!
    Thanks to you for such nice critics about both Salem and Gotham

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

13. Jeffro503

Jeffro503 Registered

No problem at all , you guys deserve it! Both those tracks rock as far as I'm concerned! I'm actually trying out some of your other tracks as well right now. Hard to nail down exactly where to download them all , but I'm doing my best! Thank you again!

14. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

In the first post of gotham hillls there is a link to our blog. You can download all out tracks there.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk