Why is the world seen through the windscreen so yellowish?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Zenon, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Zenon

Zenon Registered

Hello everyone,
    After the initial the 8 months had passed I decided to give rFactor 2 a second chance. So far it has been quite a satisfactory experience, save for one thing: whenever I get inside the cockpit of a tintop, the world gets this yellowish tint to it, which I cannot get rid of; also, the contrast is pretty low, so as a result I cannot see the track very well. It's as if I was driving with the sun straight into my eyes. It gets even more intensified when I turn HDR on -to the point of the feeling of driving through a thick yellow fog.Whenever I drive an open-wheeler the world is OK, so I assume there must be an issue with the windscreen. Is there a way to make it look right, or should I wait until the next build? I use an ATI 5750 video card with the latest drivers. Thanks.

2. elbo

elbo Registered

Check and see if you are using visor.

3. Jempy

Jempy Registered

Just very new in RF2, I was very astonished too of this yellowish-greyish look through the windscreen.

Where do we have to look to check if we are using a visor ?

Thanks in advance.

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I think the visor mod is only for the open wheelers, not real sure though. As far as everything being yellow, do you have sun occlusion turned on or off? You can find out by going to settings in game before you select a track etc. If it is on, try turning it off and see what happens.

5. elbo

elbo Registered

no, visor mode is also in at least the clio, several cars do not have visor mode...click on the tuning button under the car you select and make sure visor is unchecked.

6. Jempy

Jempy Registered

I also doubt that a visor is used except in open wheelers.
    Edit: and except Clio ( we typed at the same time Elbo ;) )

Personally I'd rather say greyish or foggy with high reflections of dashboard ... that's for me how I see it.
    If I'm not wrong ... it seems that HDR On allows to have a clear view through the windscreen.

As I don't have a powerful graphic card, I'll try keeping HDR on and lower other graphic settings.

7. Hepatic

Hepatic Registered

Same, in the Meganes at Mills the window is yellow almost tje whole length of the lap. Everything is maxed just HDR off, sun occulsion is on. Will try the clio later but i don't think that had the same issue.

8. Zenon

Zenon Registered

It seems that the only car seriously affected by this affliction is the Megane, no matter whether HDR/Sun occlusion is on or off. Shame, it's such a fun car to drive.

9. MJP

MJP Registered

To the guys getting the yellow screen in the Meganes are you sure you've updated them to v1.1? Running v1.0 on the later rF2 builds definitely causes this yellow screen effect.

1 person likes this.
  10. Jempy

Jempy Registered

I finally found why: this is mainly a special problem with the Megane
    If you choose Megane Serie ( and not All tracks and Mods ) and drive only on the tracks of this mod ( 3 ), no problem any longer.

But if you choose All Tracks and Mods, on any other track than one making part of Megane Mod, you'll have maybe this problem of yellowish windscreen or a kind of unwashed windscreen effect ( Mills too ) + too heavy reflections of dashboard, making the cockpit view rather disappointing.
    Very annoying indeed but it'll be surely settled in the future.;)