New mod don't work in multiplayer.

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Pitbi, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Pitbi

Pitbi Registered

Hi,

I have a dedicated server for Rfactor 2. I would like to create a new mod with Renault Meganes and many tracks.

For that, I use mas2.exe. I create a rfmod file with : tracks, renault megane and renault megane sound (not include in packages).

After, i install the mod with modManager and i start my server with my new mod. Up here, Ok!

The problem is when i connect my game on my server, it don't offer me too download mod.

Sometime i arrive on server, but i don't see the car graphics. In that event the tracks is perfectly loaded.

Have you an idea where i do a crap? :)

Thx a lot.

See you.

2. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Hmm that last question has so many answers I just don't know where to start. ;)

1 person likes this.
  3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You have to enable mod download in the Multiplayer.ini file. Also if you are behind router you need to open a port.

See these settings in Multiplayer.ini:
    HTTP Server Port="64297" // range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing
    HTTP Server Enabled="1" // Whether the dedicated server starts a HTTP server
    HTTP Server Max File Size="100" // Maximum file size, in MB, that the HTTP server will provide
    HTTP Server Document Root="Packages" // Document root for HTTP server. This path is relative to path stored in data.path. data.path located in root install path

4. Pitbi

Pitbi Registered

Ok thx, i test that when i come back from job! :) i hope it's that but i believe.

Thx a lot!

5. Pitbi

Pitbi Registered

OK,

I open the port for HTTP server and it's ok.

Thx a lot :)

6. rer8

rer8 Registered

GET MOD Clarification

HTTP Server Document Root="Packages" // Document root for HTTP server. This path is relative to path stored in data.path. data.path located in root install path

As you know I have pulled this line from my multiplayer.ini file. To get "GET MOD" to work do I replace "Packages" with the complete path to my example (C:\rfactor 2\Packages) folder?

Thanks in advance...

Randy

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

"path is relative to path stored in data.path"
    This means that if you have data.path "C:\rFactor 2" then you don't have to change anything because it will add to the data.path what is in the HTTP Server Document Root setting ("Packages") so you will get "C:\rFactor 2\Packages".

8. rer8

rer8 Registered

In MAS2.exe, in the Create Mod Package app what does Select rFM mean/do? In the outlined area called Package what does File: do?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012