Transparent Trainer (Ghost racing)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jajp999, Oct 21, 2012.

1. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

How long has this been in there?

Just found it in the settings menu

2. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

ah just seen it in the read me - doh!

anyway heads up for these that do not read the read me :)

3. CraigT

CraigT Registered

Dumb question...
    How do you get it to show up?
    I put it on Best and the default .5 sec lead
    go on track and it is so transparent that I can't see :))

4. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

It shows up after first full lap.

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Interesting that read me says it was BACK in the game so implies was there before but I never saw it. Maybe in a non-released build or just a typo.

Also need to make sure that private testing is no on.

Also, does anyone know how "saved" version works?

6. YoNiS

YoNiS Registered

it does not show for me, i have try the same setings: I put it on Best and the default .5 sec lead

online, single, public and private, and make 4 laps, and i cant see the ghost car

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've noticed transparent trainer doesn't work with megane at portugal.

Also will the transparent trainer eventually be removed from the competitors list? Thanks.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It was in the code much earlier on, maybe before public got hands on the software, but was removed as it was broken by newer code. Now they have finished the area which broke it, perhaps, so brought it back in, and will probably be working on it in dribs and drabs until it's working without fault.

Right now it does have fault, it's treated as an AI car by other AI and in the results I believe.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes, they have just reintroduced ti and will continue tweaking and editing it's functionality.

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Thanks for the info, Tim. Any idea how "saved" works? I haven't tried "previous" but presume that is the previous lap. Not sure why anyone would want that if so, but I could definitely image that saved would be useful depending on how it is implemented. One thing I can think of right away is that I would like to reset best or use session best va overall best b/c I was on fire one lap and now can't beat that time so would be good for my self esteem to start over. Also Iwonder what effect real road has and wouldn't it be cool if same rubbering level could be applied since maybe that is why I can't beat my personal best? LOL. Funny how ever new feature begets more feature requests.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

So I tested previous and, yes, every lap is new fast lap which is pretty silly. Not sure why anyone would want that. I would replace this with "session" best. Agreed?

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Hey, Tim. Do you know where best lap file is stored? I tried everything I could think of to find it but couldn't. I would like to be able to delete this file so I can re-baseline. Thanks!

13. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Set a better time and there you go! No problem! :p

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

^^ funny yeah I know but occasionally I change setups, etc. and this makes me slower I know that sounds weird but sometimes I prefer to run default setup offline after tweaking for online etc. and also sometimes I am just on fire and also I think it is fun to beat my time every lap as tires are warming up etc and I am warming up and then the pressure builds as the Laps go by and then it takes two or three Laps each time to beat ghost until I am tired and that is very fun to do but I can't if best is saved. Makes sense?

15. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I agree it would be nice to have a few possible ghosts to choose from like:
    -best time ever (ok this is covered)
    -best in current session (i guess that would resolve your problem)
    -best in different conditions (sunny/partially wet/wet)
    -best online/offline
    -best per session type (practice/qualifying/race)
    -best per real road (green/full rubber/anything between)

Besides it would be great if we could reset that and also to be able to choose any of our laps to serve as a ghost.
    Like you said - it is funny how for every new feature we wish ten times new features :D

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Found it! It is the .ttl file. For example, here is where best was located for Malaysia north loop. I just backed up the file elsewhere and viola! Best time is re-baselined! Whoooo hooooo!!!!!!!!

C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\Malaysia_Nloop\Spark F1.ttl

17. Very good idea to reintroduce it and very useful when I drive in singleplayer! ;)

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I think I am noticing some inconsistency. Sometimes the ghost is acting like a normal car in that it drives independently and is also not transparent. By driving independently, I mean that when I go into a practice session the ghost pulls onto the track immediately (although sometimes it waits for a long time too) and drives independently and also does not reset to be in front of me when I finish a lap like it should but this is also inconsistent because sometimes it will eventually "kick into" ghost mode.

Anyway I'm happy to test more but it would be good to better understand exactly what should be happening and when so if ISI can explain that would be helpful and it would also be helpful to understand which sessions it should be working in (practice, qualify, race) and also offline vs multiplayer.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK I did some more testing and it is AI that is named TTrainer so not sure if this is bug or by design? ISI any information you can give regarding how ghost is supposed to work under different scenarios would very much help to focus further testing. Thanks.

20. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

That is a known bug, ghost is basically an AI driver - if you race with some AI and ghost you will notice that other AIs respond to the ghost as it were a real AI (they do not drive through it). Anyway Tim has already confirmed this so it will be fixed in some next version.