server disappear in master list

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by DerKutscher, Oct 21, 2012.

1. dv8r

dv8r Registered

Have had a similar issue. Dedicated Server stays up for some time until after everyone leaves. Then it cannot connect to matchmaker. After restarting it it stays up again, almost seem indefinite, then after it empties out again and everyone leaves, no more connection. Pretty much every afternoon im finding i need to restart the server. Only one rf2 server running. Would it conflict with rf1?

Have multiple rf1 servers on there no problem at all. We also have downloads disabled on the rf2 server. Other than that we have not changed a setting.

2. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

I would be curious, If there was a heartbeat in the dedicated server.exe, that sends to match maker when 0 players are in the server. "yes I am still here" type effect

And if maybe it was not just quite right.

Just a thought.

Dave

3. Radar

Radar Registered

If they enable the 'Pause for zero players=1" to '1' (0 is default) then yes, I am wondering this myself.. If it's still default and you have the downloads (http) disabled then I'm not sure what is happening in your instance.. I can have zero players on a server with no problems at all (our own vmod so I wouldn't expect many to join in a hurry)..

4. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Well its still dropping out (Radars server) I admin on it, and we still struggling with it randomly disapearing from server lists.. trying more options and will update if we find anything

5. Radar

Radar Registered

Yes.. It's doing my head in.. This build has been such a headache in getting it to stay alive.. Pick a random number and your guess is as good as mine as to when it will give the 'could not connect' and therfore dropping from the server list.. Just when I think it's fixed, it goes again...