Tracks look blotchy?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by kc2hse, Oct 20, 2012.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

This bug only seems to happen if practice only is selected... if qually and or race are also selected the "zebra" track (as it`s now called) doesn`t appear.

Try a session with practice only and see if you get it then Nand Gate. :)

If I have all sessions enabled I don`t have this problem and I never had to exit the sim and delete player files or anything else. Just have all sessions enabled...

2. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

I had a problem, when I went out to the track it appeared wet, it was wet when the configuration was telling me it was dry.
    What I did was, look for the .cbash files for the circuit in question, that files is located in the documents/rfactor2/usedata/log/cbash,
    I erased because I think it is the equivalent of the hatfile in RF1.

When I erased it, the game has created the file again and it worked.

3. elwood

elwood Registered

for the white red lights i don't know honestly, as far i can remember i've always saw them white.
    For the beta stage i'm with you, that's what we should do, noticing small glitches or bugs.
    This is not a small one, it's my opinion.
    Anyway, can happens, it's not the end of the world. not yet.

Thinking positive, maybe they should enlarge field of the pre-release testers

cheers.

el

4. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I resolved the problem track surface graphical issue by completely uninstalling rF2 and reinstalling from scratch.

My problem now is the Formula ISI cars have no sound.

5. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

The white rev lights problem came with the release of ISI's FIA F2 Championships mod. It states the problem 3/4th of the way down in the notes as I believe maybe...

- Some users may experience white LED shift lights.

Scott

6. kc2hse

kc2hse Registered

For the record, checking prac, qual, race, turning off HDR, deleting and allowing the game to rebuild .cbash files has not worked for me. None of these have changed a thing in my game. The only constant that I see isn't constant at all, every game start the tracks look different. Sometimes I don't see anything wrong and other times it's horrible.

Of course I'm not complaining just stating facts so that ISI can figure it out.

7. MJP

MJP Registered

They already know.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks for the reply elwood. I think we have our answer from sf4JC. :)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks for clearing that up Scott. I`ve always had the red shift lights so it was the first thing I noticed in elwood`s post. :)

10. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Before an update I always try to do a good session on the previous version, then update and repeat the exact same race this way you can really notice what has changed for better or worse. When I did it this update, the road was completely wet looking all over, like glass. reflections everywhere, at Croft in F2s with HDR disabled. It did not affect the behaviour of the car or laptimes so the road wasn't really wet it just looked it, pretty sure the sound changed to reflect wet as well. Exited, enabled HDR, not seen the bug since. Whilst introducing a few minor problems this update for me has yielded big improvements, best so far, thanks ISI.

11. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Thanks for the insight Murtaya, I must say I've been neglecting that procedure to some degree.

Scott

12. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Thanks tjc, always willing to help when I can.

Scott

13. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i have "zebra" track problem online (and my friends too)

server is set with naturally progression for practice, qualify and race.

any solution?

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Those of you posting about any other issues than the track surfaces, like sound (!?!), please create your own thread in the right forum if you have an issue.
    The lights on the F2 were mentioned as sometimes being white when we released the car, in the release thread, before anybody public tried it.

- -

Thanks very much to everyone for helping with the info on the track surface issue, both here and in the main release thread. Helped to nail it down pretty quick.