Tracks look blotchy?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by kc2hse, Oct 20, 2012.

1. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

My initial thought was that the track was wet and spotted from water.
    But all in all, I think it is quite strange.

2. fireguard1

fireguard1 Registered

From what I experienced, some sections of the track where blotchy with rubber, when others were covered in wet patches. This was in the same session on the same track together.

But as mentioned above after a completely clean install it solved it.

3. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

Where do I find the real "Road setting" I'm reading about? I'll keep looking.

4. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Full clean install here, and I have still had this issue happen randomly. I cannot recall exactly what the RealRoad option was set to when loading the tracks though, but it has happened both at Sepang and on a conversion track I'm working on.

@wpthayer: It's part of the race settings screen.

5. zack

zack Registered

game completely uninstalled after this update, and I will not install it more.
    thats help .)

6. Neuro

Neuro Registered

I did a game update and I had this issue too, but not with all mods. At least Croft has it with the Clios, but not with the GT Nissans. Changed nothing in options after switched to GT from Clio. Weather was clean, sunny.

7. elwood

elwood Registered

Tested different combinations of cars and tracks (F3 Spark on Monaco, Sepang, F2 on Monaco and Sebring..), stock and modded ones, same results.
    I hope will be a fix soon, right now it's almost unplayable with all that mess on the road.

here we go.

Sometimes i'm wondering if You ISIs, are pushing too much throwing stones in the water to see the 'results'.
    That's the feeling.

I'm wrong.?

8. 1959SLP

1959SLP Banned

I experienced the same track blotches described here. So it sounds like a bug.

I also thought that maybe my machine was/is having some other problems because of the lockups, black screen/dead/unresponsive system and some other glitches however I'm now ruling it out.

I've run rFactor 1, 4 other sims, and one benchmark and have stressed the system extensively and those other programs do not crash or lock the system... even after hours.

One other thing, clipped a rumble strip in an ISI Current Day F1 and the car became airborne as in 20 feet off the ground and flying like a plane. The glitchy collision model/physics really has to get corrected. It just takes away from 'sim'. When a total non-gamer/simmer who know nothing about sims happens to see that as they passed by my computer, and laughs calling it pathetic, that says it all.

Seems like there is a long way to go here.

9. fireguard1

fireguard1 Registered

I too am experiencing the aforementioned bug.

First I used the torrent updater and had this bug. Then I made fresh full install and on first appearances it seemed to have fixed it, but upon loading the sim again later on it had returned. Currently it is affecting all car and track combos I have tried.

I have noticed it is not just wet patches, but there is patches of rubber, evident by the "marbles" that can be seen on the edges of the patches.

EDIT: I am having this issue with both green and Naturally Progressing settings.

My specs are:

Model: Acer 5745G
    CPU: Intel i5 m460 @ 2.53GHz
    Memory: 4GB
    Video: Nvidia Geforce GT 420M 1GB

10. MickyMutton

MickyMutton Registered

Same here, did a clean install of 118 and every track I go to it's damp/wet and have to drive a lot of laps to get a dry line, I have weather set to clear/sunny for Practice/Qualy/race and when I start it's always overcast? In every session.

PS. I can't find these "Green" or "Natural progressing" settings anywhere... Can someone let me know exactly where they are?

Thanks

MM

11. Dimahoo

Dimahoo Registered

The RealRoad/Green is in race options.

Does the road alter the grip feel only the F2 Spark feels amazing. It looks all wrong (they're obviously going to sort that!) but it feels stunning. Really, really lovely.

Turn off HDR mode and you get a black track, with blotches - turn on for a more normal track with white blotches. Its easier to play/see with HDR off.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  12. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

I solved this track surface problem by shutting off HDR and deleting my PLR file and shutting down road reflections in settings.

13. Dunn Hill

Dunn Hill Registered

Doing the same procedures and all suggested help about this issue, but nothing helps. And sometimes the trees dissapear in Spa and Monaco.

14. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I think the bug is when you ONLY have Pratice tic'd in race settings , try ticking all 3 Pratice,Qually ,Race ..

15. liebestod

liebestod Registered

This was my experience. Checking all three boxes was the only thing that stopped the RealRoad blotchiness glitch.

16. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Just for the record I am NOT experiencing this bug.

EDIT: I cannot recreate this error. No amount of realroad tweaking, prac/warm/race etc makes it happen for me. But then this forum is full of whinging that hasn't happened to me. In fact I have never had a problem. Period. Wonder what is causing it? I have ATI Crossfire (6770+5770).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  17. kc2hse

kc2hse Registered

This seemed to work for me as well, until I quit the game then went back in a while later. "glitch" was back. Turning off HDR did nothing for me either. The issue seems random. Every time I load a track it looks different.

18. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Did you leave it set with all sessions ticked so each tab is green? P,Q,R ?? that seems to do the trick ..

I havent had the issue at all and have alwase had all off line sessions turned on ..

wierd...

19. DaniloJF

DaniloJF Registered

I also experienced this bug of black patches on the track. I was trying the new Putnam Park with the F2 in a practice session with a cloudy sky.
    I will try to reinstall but it seems like a bug of the own build, because lots of people are having the same problem.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Firstly I`d like to ask how you are getting the white rev lights on the steering wheel? As far as I remember the lights on the F2 steering wheel are red... unless some cars are different from others ofcourse and I`ve just not noticed that.

Secondly this is a beta software and although I don`t think ISI are "throwing stones in the water" surely part of that process is trying different things out to see the results.