Tracks look blotchy?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by kc2hse, Oct 20, 2012.

1. kc2hse

kc2hse Registered

Updated and hit the track at mid ohio. Noticed that the track looks like it's got a bunch of black blotches. So I tried Mills as well, Mills has the opposite, the track almost looks wet with dry patches throughout.

2. kc2hse

kc2hse Registered

Okay, so I quit the game, typed the previous post and restarted the game. The blotchy issue is gone. Don't know what that was all about. I swear I haven't been drinking.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Are you using build 118? If not, please update and reply to this thread if the issue comes back.

Thanks. :)

4. santa8086

santa8086 Registered

I have this as well. When I start a practice session, most tracks look like a storm just finished, so they have wet patches and even reflective 'puddles'. After a few laps, the racing line seems to dry out. This seems like a new feature to me? Its actually awesome and fun except that I seem to have to start every session with a damp track regardless if I want to or not. Maybe I just need to have a closer look at my settings? I'll keep fidgeting.

Unrelated, this update seems to have fixed a ton of stuttering/bog/low FPS that i was having with ISI tracks. Stoked!

5. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Same here, only in practice session.

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Posting here also:

I started practice with "Green" RealRoad. Track looked ok. Then I started practice with "Naturally Progressing RealRoad" - track looked like zebra with black-white patches/stripes. Now when I start with "Green" RealRoad, there are still the same bizzare patches/tripes. Looks like undrivable.
    What to do?

View attachment 4315

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
  7. santa8086

santa8086 Registered

My eyes could be playing tricks on me, I haven't had a lot of time to test, but it seems like the patches fade/disappear as you do more and more laps?

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Mid Ohio is a add on.

Anyone have Spa, Monza doing it. ?

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yep, Estoril, Malaysia any track.

10. kc2hse

kc2hse Registered

That's why I also tried Mills.. Read please before you start correcting people. Thanks.

11. kc2hse

kc2hse Registered

Yes, it seems to be all tracks but does seem to clear up as you run.

12. santa8086

santa8086 Registered

Its great that its clears up as you lap, but the save feature doesn't seem to do what I think it should. For example, I just did a ton of laps at sebring until the track was pretty dry on the racing line, then I hit the 'save real road' button. Left the track, selected User:mysave from the real road option in the practice menu, and loaded the track, but its back to being wet/patchy...I'm thinking it should be dry like it was when I saved at the end of my last session.

13. kc2hse

kc2hse Registered

I also don't notice the rubber being laid down in the racing groove like before.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

In Jarama F3-ROOKIES , rubber is the same to me thick and black how long does it take.

Could it have something to do with Fresh install / old real road files. ?

I do get zebra cossing in some add ons that are bumpy while they rubber but after 4/5 hours it is covered.

I leave my rooms up all day 1 track and restart weekend only.

15. geg

geg Registered

I have it too on fresh install went away after exit the game. I do not know if it is related but in the practice tab the track is always reset to green after an exit. It is ok for the qualif and the race tab

16. Flaux

Flaux Registered

The strange realroad bug happens randomly to me. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. It is nore a specific realroad preset, nore a special car/track combo.

17. CraigT

CraigT Registered

I had it too at Sebring (manual update after auto update froze) offline. I left track and went to settings and noticed that all sessions were not set the same. I set all to "naturally progressing" and reentered Sebring (F2s)offline
    Now it looks fine and not blotchy now

18. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Cmon, if I select Sunny weather and go on track it must be dry track. No discussion about this.

20. fireguard1

fireguard1 Registered

I had this bug after using the torrent update. I then did a completely fresh install and I have not had an issue since.