Totally fedup and out of patience send me a postcard when its ready!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DwarfCarDriver71, Oct 19, 2012.

1. DwarfCarDriver71

DwarfCarDriver71 Registered

I have raced and installed all kind if sims since 1995, but as of today I have to say
    "Totally fedup and out of patience, send me a postcard when its ready" I am of course referrring to rFactor 2 BETA.
    I have a current and up to date gaming computer but the last few months have been totally frustrating with the Beta so last week my son and I downloaded the 15 page unravelling and installing rFactor2 documents.
    we totally wiped out the sim and started all over downloading and installing as per the instructions but once again frustration when trying to install files it would go to approximatly 50% and then stop and was not allowed to go no further today we started again and the latest message is RFactor 2 manager has stopped working.
    That is all my patience will allow so as previously stated
    "send me a postcard when its ready!"
    :mad:
    David Cooke Sr David Cooke Jr

1 person likes this.
  2. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Well, the beta process isn't for everyone. It's not intended to be a perfectly working piece of software at this stage--I hope you weren't expecting it to be.

However, it shouldn't be so hard to at least get the software running. I found the install process to be very easy. The only slightly kludgy part is how you have to download each mod in many separate parts and updates and then use rF2 to install them one by one, as opposed to them being "installed" by copying the folders like rF (I'm guessing this is mostly for security reasons in this day and age). And then some mods are linked, so you can't drive the GTR/370Z without installing some other mods because it won't run at all without the tracks it needs. But I digress...

Finished games are usually more enjoyable for the end-user, especially those users who don't like fiddling around with experimental software. rF2 technically isn't out yet, so don't be worried about missing anything. The finished product is coming :)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You make it sound like downloading and installing is a nightmare when in reality
    anyone who has installed updated games really should not have any difficulty.

I would suggest the problems are at your end.

Try a fresh OS / Partition..........or don't.

:)

4. ethone

ethone Registered

What's your address?

1 person likes this.
  5. DwarfCarDriver71

When I commited to paying for the Beta I was fully aware of what I was getting, I am a normal healthy and intelligant human being.
    I,m just tired of all the hassles I have had, I am not being nasty or anything its just too many problems one after another and after a complete new install 107 and reading over and over the 15 page instruction manual and still being unable to make it work I am very frustrated. With regards your "problems at my end comment" really! having read through the forums I am not the only one.
    I am more than capable of downloading sims mods add ons etc and installing them and sorting out problems but this is just not working for me.

David Cooke Sr

6. DwarfCarDriver71

7. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t think DD meant any offence Mr. Cooke...

On your problems, I feel for you and your boy as so far I`ve never had any of the problems you and some others seem to be experiencing (I say firmly touching wood lol) and I find it strange that some people have these issues with rf2.

I hope you get some enjoyment when rf2 goes gold if the rf2 beta software is giving you such hassles. :)

8. vittorio

vittorio Registered

These are beta/dev versions. My experience is, if i have a problem and post it with details about the problem in the "Bug Reports/Problems" forum section, that people and ISI are very helpful. The more details, the better. Maybe give that a try, i think it pays.

9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Exactly.

Describing what you did step by step can let people reproduce your problem or point out mistakes made.

You're not on your own :)

I never had any problems with "typical usage" myself.

10. DwarfCarDriver71

Ok trying one more time LOL
    David Cooke Sr
    It shall not beat me.

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Go for it... you`ll get it and if you need help just ask. :)

12. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Good luck, I have had one or two struggles myself but always got there in the end...sometimes more by luck than judgement:D

13. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Awesome.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

good for you ! ;)

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OP's grievances are completely valid and I disagree that beta testing should not be this difficult. Of course as everyone knows this ain't no beta and therein lies the root of many people's frustration. That one word has caused so many problems.

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It could be that OP is installing into c:\program files. If on a Vista or Win7 or 8, that could possibly present all sorts of problems (on certain machines).

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

With the install dying at 50% or so, I would guess there is an issue with anti-virus software or corrupt downloads, but I am not there to test, so don't know for certain.

18. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

You may need to try again, as you may of noticed an update has been released :D

19. RafBR

RafBR Registered

I had this issue. I had to do two things:
    1st Install it on your dirve c root ex.: c:\rFactor2
    2nd I turned my "User account control settings" to "Never Notify".
    I know this is a little bit weird to have to lower my computer guard but that solved the problem and now it does not crash at startup anymore.

My regards!

20. DwarfCarDriver71

Today I cleared every single rFactor2 file from my Computor
    Redownloaded everything with the latest release via Torrent and here are the results Brianza/1960/F2/GTWorld champ/F1/ when I right click and say install it says file cannot be verified. All other files it says rfactor 2 has stopped working???
    The only thing that works fully is Renault 3.5.
    When I initially paid for and ran rfactor2 everything was fine, but the further it progresses I get the above results. It is installed in C/rFactor2 all files are copied and pasted into the packages folder ,I follow word for word the instructions in the 15 page manuel about installing etc so really am at a dead end with regards what to do.
    David Cooke Sr

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012