Nvidia driver 306.81 for WinXP

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by jimagn, Oct 16, 2012.

1. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I got a notice about this new driver that's available for Windows XP and am wondering if anyone has had experience with it before I install. If not I'll give it a try and post the results. I'm currently using 285.66 which seems to be giving good results for my setup.

2. djt

djt Registered

I installed them on a fresh Windows XP/SP2 64-bit Edition OS when they were released last week on one of my gaming setups (using a GTX 580).

As expected I haven't seen much of a difference between these drivers and the last revision I used with XP/SP2 64-bit.

3. TurboSpeed

TurboSpeed Registered

I would advise to upgrade only if the current situation on your computer is bad... otherwise you just expose yourself to problems :) At least that's the way I see Windows!

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I would advise you post in the proper section, HARDWARE :rolleyes:

5. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I installed the new drivers, and see a fps gain. I have it set to video sync at 60 fps. With the old drivers, at Monaco with WCR F3, 10 AI, fps dropped to high 40s/low 50s at the pits. With new drivers, lowest fps is 58. Everything else, as far as video quality & picture seems fine. If you'd like more detail on my settings or specs, let me know.

6. coops

coops Banned

there is a new 310.33 rf2 runs smooth and a few extra fps with it.