mp already clogged

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by willz, Oct 14, 2012.

1. willz

willz Registered

the game is in its alpha state and already i can only join about 5 percent of the races, i try to use get mod icon but it always fails? there must be an easier way, i cant even find the mods or tracks, it seems to be some here some there some nowhere. getting a bit sick of it now

2. fobban

fobban Registered

Same here. I've never managed to get Get Mod to work. I always end up with some incomplete garbage in the Packages folder.

3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Verry strange that some ppl just cant figuer it out , mine works perfectly .. It even shows you what your missing if you fail .. its simple and basic once you understand wher things need to be .. proof is if i can do it anyone can lol ...

Sorry you guys are having isseues im sure if you took the time you could get it going .. One thing i think ppl are confused about is that "Get Mod" is simply that ,the vmod , not tracks .. Its not some magic button that fix's all lol, you need all the tracks installed already and to ther curent versions as well as all installed mods up to date .. Abriel Nei has put togeather a collection of all the tracks reelesed so far > http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7103-Download-All-locations-(torrent) he does a great job of keeping it updated as well ..Thanks Abril

Babs over at IsR also does a wonderfull job of letting ppl know of the IsR mods and up dates >

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6938-IsR-Vmod-Collection

so with a little effort it becomes quite simple !

I hope you can give it a try and have sucess as i did !!

Good luck !!

1 person likes this.
  4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1, exactly! (mind you there is a pb with Joesville)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes, just to confirm, the get mod button gets you the servers vmod, in most cases. You still need to have the car and track. UNLESS, the server has chosen to allow you to download the mod from them.

6. JPS

JPS Registered

I'd like to propose a feature be added to VMOD files and the "Get Mod" functionality that would go a long way to making rF2 a lot easier to live with.

The feature would be optional for the VMOD creator to either utilize or not.

Here's what I envision:

You find a server you want to join, so you click "Get Mod". It downloads the VMOD and if it detects you are missing certain components/cars/tracks it displays a screen listing the components you're missing.
    But wait! There's more!
    Next to each missing component/car/track there is a "Get This" button. Each "Get This" button is a URL hyperlink. These URL(s) are provided by the VMOD creator (and are stored within the VMOD file) and should take the user to the website hosting the component download, or can even be a direct link to the .rfmod or .rfcmp file to be downloaded. The actual component files do not have to be hosted by the race server itself, nor by the VMOD creator; they are simply links to websites that provide or created the content or links to direct downloads when possible.
    If the VMOD creator did not provide a link for any particular component then no "Get This" button is displayed for that component.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think that has always been planned to some degree. But the main issue is whether that is considered to be ISI distributing content?

8. JPS

JPS Registered

Seems a reasonable conclusion that it would only be ISI distributing content if the VMOD file or content at the end of links was hosted by ISI.

Parallel:
    You use Microsoft Internet Explorer to visit a Radio Shack webpage. The webpage contains links to download PDF files about Radio Shack merchandise and links to wallpapers provided by Radio Shack or some of its business partners (Monster Cables, Verizon Cell Phone products, etc.)

Is Microsoft distributing the content? The fact that you used a piece of Microsoft software (web browser) to reach the Radio Shack website makes Microsoft responsible for the end-content?

I think ISI is overthinking the issue and tripping themselves up in circular logic. Perhaps with the best of intentions, but still.

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Also if you dont want that content distributed you dont put the link in vmod. That could be considered as "I agree that the component will be free to get through the rFactor server browser"

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Told them should be 2 servers one for official content and one for everything else

been saying for 10 years. lol