ARI Fun Race #12 Palm Beach

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Oct 12, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Now you are trying to make me cry...boohoo...and again, boohoo, Ive seen you are going good in there, Im ages behind, I think youre all come fine.

2. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

:p

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

What Paul is actually complaining, is the improbable grip AIs are having here against us mortals.
    It IS strange really, these AIs do turn impossibly quick at PB, tons better than other tracks afaik.

4. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

It needs lots of rubber in this track to get a nice setup to work here. At least that's what I felt this past wednesday. Also brakings and throttle quantity are the most important here.
    I'll be back in today's early evening to keep practicing looking for rear traction.

5. Deecee52

Deecee52 Registered

I have been having the same trouble Paul , i tried Marcels setup to compare with the way i was going on mine , we are both going about it in the same strange way , on a track that has little grip we are making changes to the car that in theory reduce grip and traction ie harder springs ,very hard roll bar etc , but , it works , wierd .

6. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

:eek:

My "default" setup is quite soft in springs, and then balance the car using antiroll bars. I'll try hardening to see if it works to me.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Hi people

An inderesting discussion just started at http://sr4l.com/index.php?topic=241.0 about some new ARI fun races.
    Please come and share your view on it.
    (sorry for hijack O.P.)

8. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

its funny that you say that deecee. When the server had mountain forest loaded I used a super stiff setup, springs maxed, bumps and rebounds maxed and roll bars at a very high rates. I loved the way the car felt so I pretty much did the same for spa and also loved it. But palm beach for me doesn't feel different grip wise with a stiff or soft setup. this track just needs a sh¡t load of rubber as gorka stated

9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Oh no, my only time to practice online and there seems to be login problems at ISI at the moment

10. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Well, actually I use this ''stiff'' setup since the ARI @ Croft race. I adjust gears, front roll bar ( only one or two clicks up or down) , caster (between 5 and 6, mostly 6 as that seems more stable and precise for me) and steering lock per track.
    Reason why I went stiff (lol) is the roll of the body when turning and the inability to get the body to roll back again. As if it's locked in that position...

Every track needs max rubber to get the most out of it, nothing strange about that. The AI, though, drives some weird lines here, for example the corner after the long straight, they run it initially close to the kerbs but then take a very wide line very soon. For me, I wait long enough and stay right at the kerb until I can exit almost straight out of the corner while flooring the throttle. Makes the last left hander easier too.

The second sector puzzles me more, as to how they can take such a wide line so fast entering the fast right hander.
    Must be the fact that line is laid out for them and they are programmed to follow that same line. ;)

11. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Also, rubbering is accelerated right now so the difference between racing line and green track is extreme as well.

12. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Well, I tried hardening the suspension. Track was still quite green but the biggest difference I've found with my standard setup is that you can really brake later and still have full control of the front of the car.
    When I get the time and rubber I want to full compare it to my standard setups to see what works better.

13. Lecram

Lecram Registered

I'll be on in an hour or less from now, helping rubbering in ;)

14. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

That was my plan too, but then saw that F3 Nords room with 15 people in it. Was then there for rest of the evening :D. Just need half a second for a sub 9 min time :D.
    [​IMG]

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Birtwels place is having a ball with Nords. Perhaps rethink about having it here?

Well, maybe later, its good for people to have alternatives.

16. Lecram

Lecram Registered

Bhaha!

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

19. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Just could not be there, had an agreement with wife to be there between 7:30-8:00 GMT but nobody was there and track was completely green. Just dedicated to update the ARI all cars all tracks mod.

20. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered