Multiplayer Lobby Broken?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DemonDriverDan, Oct 8, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

the last 4 updates have come when I've been away for a weekend/week annoyingly, so going on that it'll be released 26th October!

2. DemonDriverDan

DemonDriverDan Registered

Tim, we understand that when the matchmaker is working properly that there shouldn't be any issues, that's great!

However, there are still times when matchmaker could go down after full release (your servers going down if not a software glitch!). I wouldn't think it's a big programming task to implement it?

Another reason is I think the number of serves listed on the Matchmaker will increase rapidly once the game goes gold. Allowing servers not to display on the matchmaker and provide a direct IP connection could be a way of reducing the number of servers shown if the user decides?

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

4. DemonDriverDan

DemonDriverDan Registered

Yea, I get that and the chances of any issues with 2 servers running are limited but that doesn't mean it's invincible? I just thought that the limited about of coding it would require (in comparison to other things) it would be a good feature to have?

Side note, do you know of any limitations of 2 clients connecting to the server with the same IP address? A friend and I were trying to race on different machines on the same network on a public server and every now and again one of us would be kicked out.

5. 88mphTim

We want everything to go through the matchmaker though. The direct IP isn't going to happen as previously stated, so I didn't think you were still asking about that and more about failsafes. Sorry for confusion.

Yes, there probably are issues with same IPs, even if using different users. But I will bring that up. It might be something not dealt with until rejoins and driver changes are.

1 person likes this.
  6. 88mphTim

Has been confirmed that the occasional outages will be continuing for a little while (no set date). So I posted what I have already posted in the forums to Facebook also.

7. 88mphTim

1hr downtime scheduled downtime expected at midnight EDT tonight. Sorry I wasn't able to post it in the forum as early as I did on Twitter and FB, was out getting groceries and Tapatalk wouldn't let me login. :)

8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Matchmaker down in this moment.

9. canastos

canastos Registered

Tried now and it's up; great :D

10. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Mulitplayer does work here, but the rFactor 2 Matchmaker List Site always shows same/wrong list. Is it broken?
    http://rfactor.net/rf2mm.php