clio mod not being detected.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by matt416, Oct 7, 2012.

1. matt416

matt416 Registered

Ok so I currently have the file

ISI1053-v10-RenaultClioCup.rfmod

inside my packages folder but or some reason or another it wont even list the mod whatever so I cant install it, whenever I go online and click "GET MOD" it fails everytime. I've tried downloading the mod again, deleting it, replacing it, etc etc and nothing it just doesnt think its there. Can anyone help me out? I loved racing the clios in Rf1 and would like to race them again,

Cheers,

Also everytime I pit in the F2 mod on the USA circuit I crash, is this a common bug?

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Have you tried checking/unchecking 'show mods only' in the options in Mod Manager?

3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Your rfmod file must not be working. It should show fine, although you probably need the other Renault packages installed first.

No, not a common bug, at what point does it crash, and every time?

5. matt416

matt416 Registered

Hi, I redownloaded the rfmod file tonight and with no luck please can you tell me what other renault packages I need installed?

And as for the crashing, I've pitted twice so far each time i stopped in the marked sector within a few seconds its crashed I'd tried to avoid pitting since but 2/2 times its crashed.

6. 88mphTim

The Megane and Formula 3.5 are the other packages to the Clio.

Yes, the crashing in pit stops is a known issue with pitting.

7. matt416

matt416 Registered

Hi Tim,

I currently have all renault packages installed (apart from the clios ofc) anything else you can suggest?

Cheers,

8. JGraf

JGraf Registered

the clio mod contains the latest mills 1.3 track update.
    if you do not have the previous versions of that track installed, your clio mod will not install.
    the version updates of mills are included in other ISI mods.
    you need to install "everything" released by ISI to avoid issues like this.

9. 88mphTim

How are you installing them? In the software, or the mod manager out of sim?
    How are you launching the mod manager? From the launcher, or from the directory?

Frankly I have no idea, yet... More questions should help... I wonder, does the Clio require the GT package? Can you try installing and updating that?

10. 88mphTim

Yep, I really would do that... At the moment we're grouping components... Installing everything from ISI will give you what everyone else is testing...

11. JGraf

JGraf Registered

yes, millsmetro v1.2 is included in the gt mod.

12. matt416

matt416 Registered

Ok so,

I usually run the modmanger through the launcher however I went into the core files and ran the modmanger as admin, the clios appeared on the list however strangely everything wasn't installed? So i went ahead and installed them, ran the game and still doesn't think I have the mod installed but I have the files in my folders! mills 1.3, clio talent etc, when i run the manger through the launcher the clios still aren't being detected but when i uncheck "show mods only" the files can be clearly seen.

need any more info I'll be happy to give it, Cheers,

I also have everything downloaded and installed from your downloads thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  13. 88mphTim

Don't run the mod manager from the directory would be the first thing. I just asked you, I didn't instruct you to do it. :)

I would now uninstall everything, and reinstall everything, including ALL the mods, and update ALL the mods, because as stated, they rely on each other.

Make sure when you uninstall, it actually all is removed, because now your core might have files in it that it shouldn't.

14. matt416

matt416 Registered

As instructed I have uninstalled every mod via the modmanger and now.. nothing is showing up apart from all tracks and cars even when i click "show mods only"

15. matt416

matt416 Registered

Ok so i took everything out my packages folder, and when i put 1 rfmod file in it detects for example formula renault v1 so I install that, then as soon as i put the update version of that file (v1-1.1) it disappears from the list? have no idea what is going on here.

16. 88mphTim

The whole software, everything, has to go and be reinstalled.