Do you prefer high quality tracks & cars or you don't really care about the quality?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B1K3R, Oct 4, 2012.

?

Do you prefer high quality tracks & cars ONLY from modders or you really don't care?

1. Keep rFactor 2 standard high & have only high quality tracks/mods! More quality, maybe less quantity

128 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. I do not care about the quality of tracks and mods. Bring them all on!

27 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

As we know, rFactor 1 has many tracks and mods, some very high quality and unfortunately some are low quality. Some old tracks are already being imported in rF2 and unfortunately they are low quality...

Having said that, we have seen high quality tracks coming too! ;)

So....how do you feel?

1. Let's keep rFactor 2 standard high and have only high quality tracks/mods! More quality, maybe less quantity.
    2. I do not care about the quality of tracks and mods. Bring them all on!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think every mod has right to be, every modder has certainly started from somewhere and it is easy to remove mods one don't like.

With 1st option quite bit of variety could be lost.

What I think is that if one spots problem in mod, offer to fix it/information how to improve or shut up and be thankful to even get something for free.

Yeah, never ask me how I feel, I feel only extremes, so I try to feel less ;)

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

We're gonna get poor conversions of mods and tracks no matter what, sure I'd prefer the quality to be high but it's never gonna be all like that unfortunately.
    So with that, the more the merrier!

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Maybe in the past I could accept low quality tracks. But nowadays, I feel it's a new time, with games having high level of graphics.

With the high standard graphics level of pCars, Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom Experience, rFactor 2 (on the way to high level)....I would feel like going out for a drink with a 70 year old wrinkled lady...as compared to a fresh 20 year old :D

Or I'd feel like driving around in a rusty dirty old car as compared to a new shiny one...

Having said that, maybe people with low pc specs wont noticed much difference, so I could be biased. After all, people get satisfied in different ways, so, I put up the poll to see what the majority thinks.

Cheers

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

So you would love it lot more than shiny tasteless odorless piece of mass production? I know I do, if someone would give me new car I would sell it and get old one, but maybe that is just me :p

Pretty pics are surely nice, but it does not make mod high level, only pretty.

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

To make my point clear, what I am after is realism as much as possible. I do not have fun racing on a track with trees looking like a piece of crushed cartoon painted green and everything looking out of focus and low resolution. My eyes will star hurting after a while.

And like I said, when one play games with nice looking graphics, it's hard to accept less.

I do appreciate though the hard work by modders, but maybe I always have high expectation and want the best.

7. VLA

VLA Registered

Appreciate what Modders do for the community, If you like it... play it.... and vice verser, when something comes broken most of the time someone will want to fix it and life gets better for all.

Overall, Rfactor2 will be like wine, its going to get better over time..so to speak, Let the modders do their stuff and respect the work they do for us, Encougage them and Respect them.

If you don't Mod....I say... you can only give constructive feed back that could motivate them to be better. This very thread is already lifting the bar for them.

MarcG, said it perfectly...WD

1 person likes this.
  8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Very well said mate, very well said ;)

9. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I think anything that gets released is a plus, sure I will only drive what I like thats at a standard that is acceptable to me. There will be awesome mods and some not so awesome nobody has the right to say what should be made public or not but everyone has every right to use only what they prefer.

As others have said every modder starts somewhere and the first few mods will always be a lower quality then what they get with experience. By releasing things publicly this will only help these new guys to learn and they will either do that or give up if ungrateful people just turn to personal insults saying things that are of no help to anybody.

All mods will be posted and you can read others reviews or opinions or just download them all like I will and try them for yourself. They dont cost you anything and if you only want to use the best ones around then do some research before downloading if you trust others opinions more then your own.

If your a modder and see some things you'd like fixed offer the creator some advice and they will appreciate the help most of the time especially if they are just learning. If you couldnt do a better job and offer help then you can mention some bugs you have found or give constructive criticism but show the guys some respect as without modders youd have nothing outside of the stock content.

10. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Isn't there already some kind of rating system for mods in rF2? Haven't looked into it but remember some numbers from 0 to 5 in mod selection menu. So ultimately there should be a voting system for users to rate mods and of course a counterpart so users can filter out for example tracks which ratings are below his/her personal liking. So everybody would race happily ever after! :)

11. lbird

lbird Registered

If somebody contributes something for our racing community it is always a plus. Furthermore in my opinion we would scare future modders away when everybody has to put out something of a high level like feels, ethone, tuttle, Petros Mak or HistorX (to just name a few that come to my mind..) right away. There will alway be a learning curve to climb. So everybody should be able to bring something to the table, the better mods will be used and promoted by the community, the other mods will be critized (hopefully on a friendly basis, because nobody pays something for a mod yet).
    Just my 2 cents...

1 person likes this.
  12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

in this beta period, tracks' variety is one of big problem.

servers are empty,
    so it's great to see motorfx tracks converted from rf1. they are great "challange tracks" online.

and for future, i think they will be improvement.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
  13. martymoose

martymoose Registered

What is the motofx track I havent seen this one?

14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

kyalami75
    silverstone70 (very early beta)

see the Mod Beta Forums.

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

16. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Yeah, it often just is that nice looks don't go together with realism, there are many cases where looks have been incredible, but physics or layout being more fantasy than real.

However one thing must be remembered that mod is modders point of view, for example ISI makes cars from their point of view, what they think how they should be, even their cars and tracks are attempted to get realistic to very high level, there can still be things that can be done differently as some subjects are not so exact.

Some mods in rF1 are really really great looking visually, but when starting to look into data, one finds out how things look something and acts something else.

Good thing in rF1 is of course that anyone can simply alter cars, maybe has some more information than original modders had and can make improvements to offer original modder, sometimes those are not wanted, but for example I know I make lot of mistakes and am just happy if someone can spot them, also any bit of new information is always welcome.

But I guess my point is, don't get blinded by nice wrappings as under them is what makes cars go around, with tracks perhaps less of such as tracks mostly are graphics, with very little parameters under the skin.

1 person likes this.
  17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I agree with you JTbo in that physics is more important than looks as it's the greatest part of making the sim realistic.

Getting top notch physics and graphics would be perfect. In my view, physics has to be top notch, do doubt about that and nice graphics will make it more complete and enjoyable.

An example is pCars...very nice looking graphics, but physics is still in development so I don't enjoy it at the moment (don't start bitching about pCars pls, I said it's still in development).

So, having awesome physics in rF2 and nice looking graphics would be, let's say, heaven ;)

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Nothing to add.

19. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

lol, B1K3R choose an interesting thread tittle :p When I read the tittle I thought he asked if we preffered high quality tracks & cars from modders only, thus not ISI :D completly missunderstood as it turned out ;)

As for the question, I think I will use decent quality only. ATM I only have ISI stock + croft. Have tried some modders cars and tracks, but not really enjoy them (besides croft :p )

20. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Darn, you're right, that English sentence sucked :eek: I fixed it now to make it clearer (keeping the same meaning).

Yeah, Croft is awesome.....but you should also try Mid-Ohio and Sebring