How to see FPS in triple screen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuji Wiyanto Sartono, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Fuji Wiyanto Sartono

Fuji Wiyanto Sartono Registered

Hi .. I'm running a triple screen setup with the latest build 107.

When I press the F key to see my FPS I can't find it anywhere.

Anyone can help point out?

2. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

You need to press CTRL + F

3. brook

brook Registered

probably the fps number is hidden by the edge of the monitor, if you have modified it.

4. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Have you tried Fraps or Afterburner OSD to display FPS? these allow you to move it around the screen a bit so it may help you see it on your setup.

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

OK, did some testing out and the FPS should show in the top right of the center monitor. It is possible that your bezel correction has moved it under the bezel though so you can't see it.

6. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Yeah I can confirm, bezel correction hides it. I did put in a request to have it looked into but IMHO its a low priority, fraps is a good substitute.

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Personally I don't even know why people get so worked up over FPS. If everything is running smooth, FPS doesn't matter. If it isn't smooth, then turning down some of the settings to get it smooth is more productive than trying to get from 100 to 105 FPS. Just my opinion on this hehe. ;)

8. martymoose

martymoose Registered

The only reason I monitor my FPS is to make sure I never drop below my v-sync I couldnt care less what my max fps is but I try and make sure it never goes under this and If I see it has dipped I can tell what is causing the slowdown. Running SLI also used to have the issue of micro stutters so even though I was sticking to 60P it didn't look smooth but I did sort that out pretty early on.

Monitoring FPS shows if its a micro stutter or game issue which I get at times when my cards run out of memory as they are only 1.5GB gtx 480's that can handle any detail level but once the memory is used up slow downs occur for me.

I use afterburner with OSD to monitor GPU load, temps, FPS and memory usage every so often if things start to get rough to try and sort out the cause of it. Any FPS above what your monitor can render is just wasting resources and creating extra heat from my 2 GTX480 room heaters lol.

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Heheh, I hear ya on the room heaters :) I only run a single HD 6950, but that and the CPU are enough to keep my room at around 32 degrees Celsius.

10. martymoose

martymoose Registered

My CPU is water cooled so no issue there even at 5GHZ ;) but those GTX 480's could be used for cooking while gaming. I was going to get a third one as they are pretty cheap second hand these days but need a bigger case as the third would have no real vent and be 2mm from the bottom of the case. I was going to upgrade my GPU but 2 480's OC are equal to a 680 and I bought my second one for $150.

May go a 4GB gtx 685 or 780 next but for now these are fine other then the heat issue, I only run a single screen but I dont think my setup would do great on triple screen mostly due to lack of memory as I see RF2 chews through this on max details with 29AI on track.

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Water cooled or air cooled, you still have to remove the same heat from the cards and unless you have a duct that puts the air outside the room, the heat still ends up in the room.