Targa Florio WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by 6e66o, Oct 1, 2012.

1. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Thank you for your interest. If we had any news to report, they'd always be posted on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HistorXTeam

But please, let's stay on topic ;)

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

After so much time, since GPL and RF1, I drove around Targa again preparing for our Sunday event
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...rga-Florio-with-Lola-T280?p=235629#post235629

What a place!
    Yes, much 3d and texture stuff could well use a remake, but the fantastic work of the topography leaves you speechless.
    Also the richness of this track is unbelievable, taking in account its vast size you would expect big portions of it to be left unnatended, but no, there is detail everywhere, so much that you always risk crashing, you cannot stop looking around!!

There are people joining us at everyday practice that have not done a lap around Madonie and after they do, they all go with the same "OMG WHAT WAS THAT!!"

So, a big thank you again all participants in this huge achievement, have a fruitfull and pleasant new year!

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Hello nikos! I know you have had that avatar forever, but since it is getting close to dawn of new year, your avatar is looking a year older. :eek:
    Now mine, of course is looking younger. :(

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Botox pays Jim, Happy New Year :eek:

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

We had our race last night with Lolas, we were 15 people and we started at 30sec intervals.
    Everything worked ok but the lag was terrible, 4fps was the norm, simply undrivable.
    Many stopped and when the number went well under 10, it was drivable again.
    Hope someone could fix that, otherwise Targa cannot be used for Leagues.

6. YutaniDesigns

YutaniDesigns Registered

Hi I am an Artist Animator I have downloaded your track and I will take a look I have a shed load of building models and a huge Texture Library. So it will be interesting to see what I can come up with, what sort of total poly count do Tracks Normally have to suit the majority. I will keep you up dated of my progress.Many thanks for the share and permission to edit and release of course I will list credit to you and your fellow modders

7. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

I´m looking forward to see what you can do.
    I hope you can stay true to the real life style of the track.
    If you need inspiration, check out my photo collection at: http://vivalatarga.tumblr.com/archive

Good luck!

8. YutaniDesigns

YutaniDesigns Registered

Great work many thanks images are a real part of the modelling process many images from as many angles as possible is great so you can get more than a 2D look at something. I am trying to find the texture pack for this Circuit I see you list your materials but My download dose not contain them so I will grab the rf1 version and strip them from that so I can see what is named what and then update them for more modern textures if I feel the rf1 version is dated

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

good luck YutaniD. Huge task at hand.

That would be from the dust on the road that you kick up when driving. Even if the car is on the other side of the track it kills FPS. I tested a version without dust, it ran a lot lot smoother.

10. argo0

argo0 Registered

I really like the dust, think it adds a huge amount of immersion to this track. Would be wonderful if dust could be kept but tweaked so that it doesn't cause performance issues.
    I'm delighted someone is taking this track on as a project. Best sim experience ever, driving this track in rf and especially GPL. Beyond words really.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

:cool:

12. YutaniDesigns

YutaniDesigns Registered

I had a quick look at the Max files and I see loads off sheep I love it but if we want to look at keeping frames up and keeping dust may be we could start on just getting the track and dust and adding all other extras until we start running into FPS problems.
    if players are wanting to race this track. the historic is awesome I am a massive lover of historic racing I am also working on Pau but that is for a later date and another thread.

Edit:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/j91vkvcy8elwgsk/Targa_Florio_Texture_Pack.zip

ok there is a a texture pack ripped from the rf1 version.

they are DDS I am not converting them all to PS.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
  13. kbl

kbl Registered

14. YutaniDesigns

YutaniDesigns Registered

The Targa Florio was an open road endurance automobile race held in the mountains of Sicily near Palermo. Founded in 1906, it was the oldest sports car racing event, part of the World Sportscar Championship between 1955 and 1973. While the first races consisted of a whole tour of the island, the track length in the race's last decades was limited to the 72 kilometres (45 mi) of the Circuito Piccolo delle Madonie, which was lapped 11 times.
    After 1973, it was a national sports car event until it was discontinued in 1977 due to safety concerns. It has since been run as a rallying event, and is part of the Italian Rally Championship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Targa_Florio

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Any news or updates regarding this amazing work and track?

16. Acoutsa

Acoutsa Registered

Hi! I admit that targa Florio is an awesome track, I often during this tour that also looks like a special. I also find it unfortunate that there is not a wet track release. I would love to try it with a handling of isi which would make this circuit "Fantastic" !!
    Right now I'm playing with this type of rally:
    link below (you have to adjust the brake in the garage that are too over the front)
    I find this method much !!!

17. Acoutsa

Acoutsa Registered

18. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

Sorry for the old bump.
    Had a good search on the forums and google for this:

Is there anyway to hotlap with the lap timer starting 1st time I cross the start line?
    It's one helluva outlap to do before starting a hotlap. :-/

Thanks in advance.

19. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Does that already hammer.

At start-finish line try not to cut into the pitlane area or game thinks you are pitting and the lap timer does not start.

DJC

20. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

Edit - tested and working fine.

Thanks again for the help! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014