Targa Florio WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by 6e66o, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Max

Max Registered

I am almost finished with the layout.. I have it all there. Real road too, and HDR profile. Setting up the download links now. Should be ready within the hour. Oh wait, I thought today was April 1st :p

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

/-:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
  3. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Hahaha I started reading that sentence and already got super excited

Damn u Max! :D

4. Knob

Knob Registered

Is someone working on this track?

5. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

I don't know if they are currently working on it because I haven't talk with them about this in a while.

I have something, but not enough to show. I have 6 km, give or take.

6. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

-snip-

7. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

you need a premium account to download from speedyshare, can this be altered to free sharing?

8. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Dont click on download, instead just click the rfcmp file name and it downloads without any problem

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... before I get jumped on, I`m not accusing anyone of anything, I`m simply wondering...

Is this Targa legit?

:)

10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

that still just reloads the page saying i need a premium account

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi mate, in the bottom of the page you can find a link that says " you can can download the file for free by using this programm"! download it and install it then download Traga.RFCM file using that software!

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Great... that doesn`t really answer my question though... :)

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

What do you think?

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Exactly why I asked in the first place nikos...

Oh well...

16. 2tyred

2tyred Registered

Well if i remember F1 Classic has a history and reputation of stealing GPL modders content without permission or credit... :( The GPLEA cars for example!
    But then they usually seem to make "quick and dirty" low quality stuff anyway, with little care for physics.
    From what i heard, the 67 mod for rf has very unrealistic physics because the mod 'authors' thought that gpl was too hard so just made their own (stock) fantasy physics.

The sad thing about things like this is they get hyped up and then it kind of discourages people who would do a meticulous and proper job (in the vein of p&g mod) from starting a mod with the same theme.

So i would rather a proper conversion with care is done than something quick.

And remember, the real modders here are the people that created it for GPL in the first place, like Ginetto and the other modders.
    People seem to dismiss the work that people have done for GPL and only praise the convertors for RF or RF2 and in many ways that is quite ironic. When it comes down to it, usually the modders for GPL have a far greater attention to historical accuracy. Obviously I am not saying that all RF2 modders do not, but people that do quick conversions clearly don't have that in mind.

See:
    http://srmz.net/tracks/targa/
    http://srmz.net/tracks/targa/page02.html

I have seen videos of a "60s imola" for RF on youtube that is shockingly bad - it looks like it is converted from grand prix 4 or something as it has cranes and everything by the side of the track. It's sad because a 60s imola would be amazing and the GPL version is quite basic. A detailed and well researched scratch version would be amazing.

Of course conversion can be good but they will never be the same as scratch built content, particularly when that content is based on something as old as GPL.
    When it comes down to it though, the level of accuracy and care that the modder wants to go to is the most vital aspect.

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Can´t drive the track. Always when i click on race, Rf2 crashes, sometime with a freeze, sometimes with a ctd

18. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I will never again install software to download a file. 2 out of 3 times it jacks your computer even if you select not to install other software. And selecting not to install other software is tedious also as you have to be very careful. Just wrong in principle. Charge me if you want but I refuse to support subversive tactics like these programs and if not subversive then there is no reason to require you to download. Two thumbs down. Not saying it is the case with this software.

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There are some tracks that cause this. Uninstall any tracks you have installed that are low quality (the Donington and Singapur tracks caused issues for me).

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not unless Georg says so.