Lola T280 by PIXSIM [WIP]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Mauro, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Just tried these cars in the wet and there seem to be a bug or something... There's absolutely no grip at all with the rain tires. I don't think there's any difference between the slicks and the wets (except visual). I could not even drive straight on hangar straight at Silverstone when using 50% throttle LOL. Felt like driving on a frozen lake...or even worse. The AI however drove like it was dry.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    Eric Rowland likes this.
  3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

@PetraGTC or anyone...

Just drove this car for the first time since the build 930 physics update. Wow :eek:

Anyone know how to update this puppy for CPM?

4. Stefaan

Stefaan Registered

Anyone has a link to the 1.4 version as the Mega link no longer works.

Thanks

5. jepeto

jepeto Registered

thanks to have resucited, t280 and t290, there is a lot of power (275 km/h without down aeroforce)

6. gagipro

gagipro Registered

AI don't use modeled tires, instead, if I remember they use constant tires grip.

The issue must be in the modeled wet tires or some parameters inside the mod.

7. pixsim

pixsim Registered

Hello all. I will prépare an update for the lola t280 before publish it on Steam. So you could give my your wish List.

Lgel, Markj, DocJones and 8 others like this.
  8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

marmagas likes this.
  9. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Super Pixsim elle le vaut bien!!;)

10. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

It would be great to have some backfire sounds while downshifting. Really looking forward to this update. Cheers

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Mirrors fix, driver model (also visible from cockpit), tires going through chassis, i think the clutch thing is dependent on the game so out of your control, maybe refining the driver so they gave a smaller head :p , maybe a pass on the visuals, then annoying stuff like car thumbnails being homogenous, and the audio while awesome feels a bit more mono than stereo.

This is all the pickiness i can come up off the top of my head. It's a great drive with setups that make sense (maybe too much camber) and tire temperatures and damage make sense. If CPM compromises tires, it's better to keep current since the historic tires don't suffer much as seen by the bt20.

Last thing i can't speak with certainty but, how are the ai talent files?

Bon, c'est tout maintenant. Merci pour le voiture!

Lgel likes this.
  12. KittX

KittX Registered

Wooo! My absolute fav sim car is getting into Steam!
    My biggest complain would be sounds - they are too shouty for my taste. I am sure they are realistic, but the way they are recorded, could be better. I remember DucFreak has made good Cosworth sounds - maybe make alternative sound set in the tuning menu?

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

It is one of the best cars in RFactor2 and if you keep updating it we are all sure it will remain among the best.

A big thank you, we had and still have lots of glorious racing with your offering.

Alex72, hexagramme, peterchen and 5 others like this.
  14. rF2sBiggestFan

rF2sBiggestFan Registered

My first post here and is because to give Pixsim this feedback. There is still something strange with opponent sounds. I don't know how to prove it but I've tried. The issue is the opponent sound volume and number of opponent vehicle sounds mix does not seem to be consistent with the number and proximity of vehicles around me. My best explanation is that it never sounds like there is just one car nearby even when there is only one car nearby. HOWEVER, my test for this was to park on the side of the track and be able to prove that there was a sound of more than one car when only a single car was approaching or driving away from me but that test PASSED because I was indeed able to hear a single car approaching and leaving. So it's not that simple so must be something else weird going on but I can't put my finger on it.

I do remember there being an issue with all opponent cars sounding like they were nearby regardless of where they were on the track and this issue was made better but perhaps that is a clue as to what is going on because maybe not 100% fixed?

Anyway, I could be wrong but I can promise that every time I drive this car I sense this problem and it causes me to stay away from the car because it breaks my immersion from this the best of all sim cars in history and possibly the future otherwise :)

15. Alf

Alf Registered

Apart from the Lola T280, i would like to see your Alpine A364 Mod in rF2 as well, it's such a great car to drive and the engine sounds are "out of this world". Simply brilliant . Make us a surprise, Pixsim, please ;)
    Can't wait for the "new" T280. Keep up the good work!!

16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Yeah this is a great car to drive. Very very fun. Thank you so much. :)

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I couldn't find an active link, but I did search for it online with the rF2 multiplayer launcher. Found one server hosting v1.4 and managed to get the download. Great car. I don't use my shifter enough, I was missing shifts almost every lap. But about 20 laps at VIR did see the times come down.

18. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

@pixsim Will we be getting any info up the update progress? Can't wait for this one arrive especially considering we're getting a 67 Le Mans.

19. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I'm sorry, but I just ran across the news from Pixsim that he would update a bit and put on steam workshop and all of a sudden here come the "wanted updates" requests.... jeepers, it was like shark feeding frenzy, lol, give Pixsim a break! :D and see what you get out of the goodness of the offer.

*OOps, I just noticed that Pixsim asked for it!!! but it was still funny, all that response

20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Hi Pixsim
    any news?

if it would be usefull LOLA / T 280 DFV / 1972 cockpit photographed today at Monza

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alex72, Louis, marmagas and 4 others like this.