Getting a refund after 2 months time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thesupersanttu, Sep 27, 2012.

1. thesupersanttu

thesupersanttu Registered

Hey (and sorry if this is a real common question),

I bought the beta back in January and found out my system wasn't able to run it. I decided to give it some time, to see if it gets better but as there were no updates for quite some time, I kinda forgot about the whole game until a few days ago. I tested the game and saw that, sadly, it still ran like poo so I tried requesting a refund - quickly finding out that there was a 2 month limit. My question today is that is there any chance of getting a refund after that time? As much as I would like to enjoy rF2, I simply can't with my current system. I can count the times I've fired up the game with one hands fingers and thus, it kinda feels like wasted money.

Expecting the worst but hey, worth a shot I guess :)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You can email the payment@rfactor.net email, or support: http://imagespaceinc.com/contact/

The text of your post here should answer most of their questions, but I would also add whether you plan to upgrade your system or not anytime soon. Not sure what their policy is on those well outside of the 2 months, as it was something Paypal and Monkeybookers brought in, but worth asking them as nobody on the forum can really say what they'll do.

3. thesupersanttu

Thanks for your quick reply, will do :)

4. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

It is easier to keep RF2 plus when you get your system you will have rf2 Already :)

5. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

:D that made me laugh quite hard!

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Dude you will most end up re-buying it anyways, just keep it, you have pre-ordered the game, and as a bonus you get to play it in development stage before it actually comes out, and are encouraged, but not obliged, to provide ISI with feedback, especially regarding bugs, crashes, slowdowns, glitches, etc through the forums here.

So where are you loosing out?? Why do you need quicker updates in between? There seems to be an update every month - month and a half or so.

Plus, by the time the game gets released it will be even more efficiently optimized in terms of how well it runs on your pc, and you may even have a better pc by then (you can get a very capable AMD HD 6950 for like $140 used nowadays, sales for $190 brand new all the time too).

7. thesupersanttu

^Don't get me wrong, I don't need quicker updates, it was just the lack of updates that made me forget asking for a refund earlier. And I've been and will be busy with my studies for the next few years and I even have to do army service as it's compulsory here in Finland. I just don't think I can find the time for testing it - not to mention providing feedback. I'll be sure to check it out when it's finalized but I need all the money I can get for my studies now :(

And I always have rFactor 1 to do simracing with if I can find the time ;)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

*bows*

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Good luck with school and army! :)