Online Racing, Track Selection.. why the pain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hermmie, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

rF2's beta has been really great so far, although this really, really annoys me.

Why does it have to be such a pain to be able to race more circuits online? Clio for example, you just get 2 Mills Layouts to play with. Now to drive it on more tracks, you have to download tons of extra stuff and other Vmods, why? Why can't the track selection list not simple show all tracks you have installed?

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Been done to death but no change or voice on the subject from ISI, personally I hate it too and no I dont want to use All Cars & Tracks every bloody time I wanna race!

It needs to be better but personally I dont hold much hope of it becoming better anytime....well ever really, think we've gotta deal with it as is!

3. Guilherme Faustini

Guilherme Faustini Registered

Yeah, I dont understand that either... Why so complicated? Why ISI just don't make an easy download rf2 manager, so u just click and download/install it... And please make all cars workable with all tracks, I dont see reason to be like that, it's just annoying..

4. coops

coops Banned

ISI all tracks mod would be great. for those who want this.

5. teeds

teeds Registered

This annoyance seems to be a way of making sure people joining a server have all the tracks used on that server. If I remember rightly in rF1 I used to get booted from a server if it changed to a track I didn't have and was sometimes hard to find out exactly what that track was. rF2 now lists what you are missing before joining. Considering them both, the new way is probably the lesser of the 2 evils (made things easier for me once I understood it).