moan moan moan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glenner, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

You need more 2 cents then latin at this time.

2. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Please, go play the game and leave the forum.

3. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I do hope your tongue was in your cheek when you posted that, as mine clearly was and indicated by the emotacon...otherwise I could be offended.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

We've done this before, you sure you want to continue it?

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Yes there has been some moaning on this forum from what I have seen, but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone should have freedom of speech as well, or the right to say what is on their mind. It would be helpful if all of it were constructive criticism, especially if it was followed up with suggestions on how to improve what is being discussed, but most people are not capable of that, they just point out what they feel is wrong and hope it gets fixed.

I am pretty sure we have all moaned at one point or another and will probably do so again in the future.

My suggestion, relax, read what you want, ignore the posts that bother you and move on with your life :) This suggestion is for everyone btw, not just the OP hehe.

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Disappointment comes often from two things, expectations that are not realistic or when advertised conditions are not met.

Having larger understanding of how things are run and what are required to make things like new features happen, will then increase tolerance and reduce disappointment when expectations are not met or advertised conditions are not met.

As really many today want everything today or preferably yesterday, it is clear how it then causes first bit, lack of understanding what it is like to develop complex software with small team is then easily causing 2nd type of disappointment, it is made worse as often something that read "we plan to have 6 months beta period" is read "gold version will be ready in 6 months", which are completely different things, but it is just how people work, people interpret what they read differently and those other reasons then naturally cause feeling of injust based on false impressions.

That then causes also moaning, but there is nothing wrong in moaning if it is done properly, some backing to own claims is always good, having respect to other parties is a must, nobody's view is absolute, well maybe only for themselves, but really this my write up is only my view of why moaning happens.

Someone said it really well at some other thread "We don't drive, we are here only for a ride", sure we can wish things and there are wishlist section for that, but no matter how much we want something now or yesterday it is not going to change way things are run. But have some backing to your wish, or if something is at fault reporting it as a bug and having something to back up your claims has bigger chance to being investigated than simply saying sim is crap and late etc.

Being constructive would be the key there, I think.

That way, I believe one gets better his point across, maybe even noted instead of being hated and dissed by other members.

I also think that silencing criticism is bad, it is good to have different views brought up, however repeating same thing over and over and over again is certainly something that will be not too well received, especially if it is only based only one's personal feel, surely point is made without keeping going on constant forever loop.

So my point is, engage brain and think it trough (also from other's perspective) before spitting it out and there are hardly anyone putting that view down, but just spit out in rush of emotion and surely people jump on you. If doing that is not worthwhile, maybe posting about what one has in mind is not worthwhile either?

Well, that is my 20 minutes.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Looking at level of dissatisfaction meter, I guess new build is coming ;)
    Of course incoming build must contain a few improvements and even more new issues to make a rush and guarantee community will not forget about already "promised" for 4th Christmas title ;)

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Two pages and counting. Good troll...

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I cant help it and Im not sorry...Look whos talking...

10. coops

coops Banned

very well said...... 1 more thing make sure you got big shoulders or you wont survive a forum.

11. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

12. coops

coops Banned

13. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

No, because its just another escuse to you to hijack another thread with your very funny friends use to do without warning of spam.

1 person likes this.
  14. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Yeah, much closer to "we plan to have 6 months beta period" clearly, is: "release when its ready".
    Good for marketing too after refunding period goes out.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Let it out I say, every now and then a good moan is healthy :p

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2012
  16. Jux

Jux Registered

[​IMG]

As a moaner, I find it offencive :)

17. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I have a big moan, I really, really do not know much English. And so I can not explain in detail, the large correction in physical models, visual work realtrack, and graphics in general :( :( :(

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You have very bad manners. And a lot of hate inside you. But thats YOUR problem, not mine.

19. modmate

modmate Registered

Well, i think he just reached the point i went through a couple of weeks ago. It needs a complete Forum time out for minimum 3 days to get rid of that damn feeling in your stomack while thinkinkg about rf2 and its status.
    After i rethink all i can just say one thing , i know about different build stages as i was involved in many beta programs out there, and thats where isi just completely failed this time. A not feature complete software cannot be in a Beta stage and thats where the moaning began.

If rf2 was called a alpha without a named ETA ISI would got 70% less moaning posts around here, also many modders i know would be here wich are now left completely. Thats all up to that damn BETA name and for me not to understand why that was never changed in the past 9 month, you ISI could have save yourself alot of anoyed members .

We all know the game will be fantastic physics wise and pretty sure the best sim if we talk about physics, but graphics ( YES, graphics---rf2 will look strange compared to others in end 2013) and image wise ISI lost a bit for me .
    So the best thing would be to reanounce RF2 as a Alpha stage product.

Modmate

20. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

a great speech!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.